GT40 Mark II Segment on Dream Car Garage

Did anybody catch the segment on a GT40 Mark II on dream car garage? This was the first episode of the year. It aired on the Speed channel (Nascar Channel) on Sunday afternoon. At the end of every show one of the two guys takes a cool car for a ride. Well in this episode it was a light blue Mark II, which he took for a couple of laps around the track. Man that car looked and sounded great.

I have all of the episodes recorded for the year on my Dish Network 500 system, BUT I can only save them on VHS tape (sucks). The whole year is full of GT40s, Cobras, Shelby's, etc. They do a ground up restore of a GT350. I just saw the last episode today and it had shots at Bob Bondaurants School, GT350 at the drag strip, rides in a new Shelby 289 FIA and one of the first 427 cobras produced.

Was just wondering if anybody would be willing to tape this episode with GT40ies for me ?
I´ll pay your expenses, of course...
Prefer PAL(Europe) system, but NTSC(North America)system would do as fine..

Mail me if sounds managable...
wink.gif

Cash, Paypal etc...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

i had it on my dish pvr, it was cool to listen to the car run. obviously, they didnt spend a lot of time on the car. then my wife trys to clean up space for her fav show, and dumped it, along with the whole season of f1 races so far. didnt i tell you she is a source of entertainment?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard Timte:
Richard D. Timte
RF GT40
351W RDI Alum Block Strocked to 427
Yates Heads
Kinsler Fuel
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the off topic Richard, but how difficult was it to mount the 351W in an RF chassis? Did the taller deckheight present any major obstacles?

Ron Earp

Admin
He hasn't done that quite yet I think
smile.gif

But, I do not think it is a problem until the intake gets put on. You'll have to be careful on how tall your stacks are if using Webers/Weber FI. Ask down in the RF factory section, Robert Logan is sure to know as they've done this type of thing before if I'm not mistaken.

Ron

Rob,

Ron is right; I have not done this yet. I do have the engine and the car is on order. Robert assured me the 351 block would fit. I plan on using the Quafe transaxle in the inverted position with a dry sump on the block. That way I can lower the block in the car. Another problem is exhaust as the block and the Yates heads make the setup wider. Also the angles on the exhaust ports are different on the heads as well. Once I get the car the first thing I plan on doing is fitting the block and transaxle into the frame. One problem I can see is the frame member that runs under the engine. I want the bottom of the dry sump pan to be even with the bottom of the car (Get CG as low as possible). This frame member will prevent me from doing this. Another reason for getting the engine as low as I can get is the intake setup. The lower in the chassis the engine is the longer the velocity stacks on the intake can be. I am sure there are other issues to contend with but hey that is half the fun.

Back