GT40 Mk III with racing bodywork?

Thanks for all the replies. I am overwhelmed, but it's better than having no info at all!

So it looks as if the original Mk III was partially converted to a racing body, but the guy never finished the project? lol Sad.

So the reason i signed up to this site and stuff isn't because i own or aspire to own a GT40, i dont have that kind of money. :sad: But i'm a writer, and a car-enthusiast. And i get my kicks racing in Gran Turismo since i'll never race for real. Anyways, i've been writing a car review for the GT40 as it appears in GT2, 3, and 4. Feel free to read it if you can, and criticize or comment as well. I want all the facts straight, you see, and when cruising the net, what happens is you get so much info that contradicts, or is just plain false.

Anyways, have a look at the link below. Tell me what you think. :)

Ford GT40 road car

So I guess you're not really Parnelli Jones just writing under a pseudonym....

P. B. - Here are some comments after perusing your body of work.Bluntly,you need to get back to some basic writing skills.This has nothing to do with content,that is,the facts concerning car.I'm commenting,per your open request, on the mechanics of your report.First,you need to omit any references to obscenity.No,I'm not a prude.They have no place in such a piece.This isn't a novel and you aren't Ernest Hemingway.Then clean up your spelling.Follow that with a major purge of run-on sentences.Eliminating needless conjunctions will also help clarity by addressing thoughts one at a time.Your main goal should be to keep the reader's interest while allowing him to retain the material at a single reading.Best of luck to you and keep writing.

So I guess you're not really Parnelli Jones just writing under a pseudonym....

No. I just like pseudonyms. My real name is "Parnel", and a few people over the years have called my Parnelli. It's just a play on words.

Aj. Here we go. I was asking more specifically about any inaccurate facts for my GT40 page. I want the peice to be free of errors about the cars themselves. No doubt there are some. So much info on GT40s on the 'net contradicts.

Sorry you don't like the way i wrote it, but that's my style. Not sure where you get the idea that i'm trying to be "Ernest Hemmingway". That made me laugh.:) I don't use a spellchecker, but you're right, i probably should. But considering the volume of work i produce, re-edits and such, i'm doing pretty good. There's always mistakes, which is how it goes sometimes. I'm not sure what you mean by "obscenity".

So far as the grammar goes, that's something that's subjective. I could certainly go back to my English class lessons from grade school and re-write the entire thing (as you suggest), but then the page would read like a boring novel. I'm not trying to be boring. Run-on sentences and such add flavor to writing, and are certainly acceptable nowadays, even in major publications. But i'm not running a major publication, it's a free site read mostly by videogamers. :)

Anyways, any other insights about the history (in particular) of the GT40 would be welcome. Like i said, i want my facts straight. I'm sure i'll get more criticism like from AJ, but it doesn't matter. I'm definately gonna read other threads here at gt40s.com You guys seem to know what you're talking about (unlike some other sites i've visited).

Mike Pass

Supporter
On the Mk3 issue - there is some nice video of Ford's own white MK3 from when it was run round Oulton Park by Evo magazine last year. It can be found on You Tube or on the Evo Magazine website. I was there on the day and whilst the car may not appear to have much power but it is still plenty fast and handles well for a car which is 40 years old. It compared very well with a new GT, a highly developed GTD and a big engined RML.Check it out as the car is driven sympathetically/well by Roger Green.
Cheers
Mike

PB,I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you.I did not say your work was bad or that it required a complete re-write.You had asked for a critique but failed to include the information that all you wanted corrected was GT40 facts.I read your entire article and thought it was informative but needed some editing.Neither did I say you were trying to be Hemingway,just that you were not at that level.The reference to an obscenity is right there;you need to find it.
You are completely correct in that you can write your report whichever way you choose,but don't ask for criticism if you aren't willing to accept it.. A.J.

The reason i type "i" in lower case is because i don't agree with the English language's rule of capitalizing this particular word. It's not a self-esteem issue, more of an ego thing. It's hard to explain and we'd get way off-topic if i were to try and to put all my opinions into words. Not sure what this site's policy of staying on-topic is and stuff, but i'm sure nobody here wants to read all these opinions. That's not really why i'm here anyways.

AJ, i'm not trying to get into a pissing contest either. :) The truth is i don't usually get critiqued by people that read my stuff AT ALL. Most of the kids (and some aduts) that read it have nothing negative to say. I'm used to lots of praise. So that may be why i sounded a bit defensive yesterday. No harm, no foul.

I can understand if you don't like the way it's written (or whatever), but i like to write in a style that conveys enthusiasm. There's plenty of sites that have car info written in a dry, technical style. I'm trying to do something different. On the other hand, i certainly am after the facts. I want my facts straight. :) That's what i want to know: are my facts straight? I know it sounds silly but that's how serious i am. I don't want to have false information on my site. There's already too much false info out there, know what i mean? I would hope at least one of you guys here at GT40s.com would like to critique me in this way, and i'd be ever so grateful. :)

thanks for posting the photo of the MK III door

p1103-003-jpg.35157

has anyone got any more photos of the window frame?

Back