Gt40 mkiv

There are some very original MK4 honeycomb replicars being built right now. These cars are being built from original prints and take all original parts. Heres a pic or 2 that show whats available if your interested in authenic copies of those million dollar cars.

Attachments

• 1_IMG_2022Edited.jpg
    1_IMG_2022Edited.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,279
  • K Thompson 001.jpg
    K Thompson 001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 846
  • K Thompson 004.jpg
    K Thompson 004.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 841
  • K Thompson 003.jpg
    K Thompson 003.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 729
  • K Thompson 010.jpg
    K Thompson 010.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 792
Looks familiar Jay :thumbsup:

Any weight numbers on those tubs yet?

Cheers,
Scott

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 465
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
They are very light. As the originals, most of the aluminum is .026 and .032 and once bonded together very strong. I think 2 small panels would hold a complete car up off the ground as jackstands. I have some scraps here and the stuff is amazing.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
There are some very original MK4 honeycomb replicars being built right now. These cars are being built from original prints and take all original parts. Heres a pic or 2 that show whats available if your interested in authenic copies of those million dollar cars.

Are these photo's of Kenny's project?

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Jim. I figured that it was a picture of Kenny's work. If I'm not mistaken, all tubs are spoken for at a price tag of $450k.

Yes they are Kennys project and the tubs are not for sale unless you buy the whole car. And 1 car might make it to Elkhart Lake this summer. And yes some of our parts are on those cars as well.

I am not sure how you could have recieved those pics in an email as I took all but 1 of them and have never emailed them to anybody

This is the picture Mr Tom Monroe send me yesterday. He had send me before some other pictures and James Holden had send me another bunch.

Attachments

• IMG_2022Edited.jpg
    IMG_2022Edited.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 910
Jay,

fascinating project.

Just out of simple interest: What stuff are you using for bonding the panels?

Best,
Marcus

This is not my project, my hands are full with the Mk1s and these cars are over my head. Kenny Thompson in Denver NC is building these cars.

Back