Greetings from South Dakota; new GT40 owner here

Hello everybody,

I just bought the Ted Baird GT40 that was featured on Petrolicious a while back, and was used extensively for the audio recordings for the GT40 footage in the movie “Ford v Ferrari“. It is based on a Superformance GT40, but many Superformance components were stripped off, in favor of many original GT40 components that Ted had collected over the years.

As on owner of a red/white 2006 Ford GT, and a 2022 Carbon Series Ford GT that I had Ford/MultiMatic custom paint “MKIV red” to match my 2006 GT, I felt this was the perfect GT40 to complete my collection and achieve a trifecta. Well, an original red GT40 would have been even better, but I didn’t think my wife would approve of the price tag. :)

The car should arrive on Thursday, so until then, all I’ve been able to do is watch these videos about 150 times:

https://youtu.be/8xcTkwuvSio

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congrats Clint and welcome to GT40S. Please keep us updated on your collection. We love pictures.
Enjoy the forum!!!!!

Regards Brian

Congrats Clint and welcome to GT40S. Please keep us updated on your collection. We love pictures.
Enjoy the forum!!!!!

Regards Brian

Thank you very much, Brian! I will post some photos eventually, after I have received the car and organized things a bit. My place is a huge mess right now, as I'm building a new garage. For now, for those interested, feel free to see many photos of my car stuff on my Instagram page: dakota_gt

Back