GT40 replica build South Africa

Hi everyone, I just took delivery of a South African GT40 replica made by KCC in the 80’s. 302 Windsor, Audi trans, Girling brakes.. granada suspension that I will be converting to original spec GT40 mk1 setup. Looking forward to sharing and learning.
26384DEF-C359-4CB9-9294-6E2ACC23106E.jpeg
A15EBAE8-673B-4F72-9D91-4D1D3E7F2B73.jpeg
5F8BF7A2-2B47-4935-9B40-71AB2F6AD842.jpeg
3C10BC3E-567B-4D4E-A001-64D19417D0E1.jpeg
1ED2614C-8641-437D-BBC2-07D5DFFB4D9C.jpeg

Mike Pass

Supporter
The chassis looks like the early KVA chassis. The front suspension was the complete front axle from a Ford Cortina Mk3. The rear suspension was either Granada trailing arms or fabricated trailing arms. When you are ready to roll get rid of those tyres and get some Avon cr6zz. the cooling with one fan looks a bit inadequate. Good luck with the project.
Cheers
Mike

Hi Etienne I also have the same car and also want to upgrade the front and rear suspension and steering . I would love to know what you are going to do .I'm struggling to find a good solution for mine ?
Cheers
Nigel

I know of at least 1 KCC in South Africa that was upgraded to full trailing arm suspension (rear) but that requires a lot of fabrication skill and effort.
Not impossible, but lots of work. Basically building half a scratch chassis.

Mike Pass

Supporter
I don't know where you are based but Mick Sollis can supply Southern GT front and rear chassis upgrades.
Cheers
Mike

Hi Etienne great find, cant wait for progress photos. If I may ask where did you find this, Ive been looking high and low for one but what a mission to get one in SA

Hi Etienne great find, cant wait for progress photos. If I may ask where did you find this, Ive been looking high and low for one but what a mission to get one in SA
I have known of this car for 3 years and owner was nice enough to wait for me. Kept it quiet for fear of losing it. A lot has been done such as powder coated chassis, ceramic coated headers, engine is freshly rebuild ultra responsive, all cooling lines, fuel lines, brake lines, bushes, rod ends and ball joints are brand new.

Hi Etienne Tom here, if your car has right hand drive like the original , follow my lead I have a 1965 GT40 with a Porsche 996 transmission
which has cable shifting. It ties into my block with a Kennedy engineering adapter plate . To make it work you have to flip over the
transmission pull out the vent plug with a pair of pliers tap it with a 1/4" pipe tap and the oil fill will now be the drain , and the tapped out
vent will be the oil fill . These are proven transmissions that are user friendly and can handle all the horse power you can throw at them.
The Porsche 997 is for left hand drive . Call me at 321-292-9005 on Whatsap

Hi Etienne Tom here , If you get ahold of me I will set you up with a Corvette C5 suspension And the parts to go with it . your car will turn like it's
on rails , and the Porsche 996 transmission you will launch like a missile . OH and a cooling system that will make your engine happy .

Back