GT40 tool that does not use a hammer

I've just completed a knockoff spinner tool kit that can be seen on my website knockoffspinnertool.com Jay leno posted a video on removing his spinner on his Cobra some years ago on my original tool. The force to undo a spinner by using a hammer on one ear at a time has broken off ears, My too spreads equal force to all three ears at once so that one ear does not break with the force it takes on over tightened frozen spinner. It also can reach into the deepest wheels where a hammer has a tough time getting a good swing needed to undo the spinner. The tool has a 46mm CR-MO high impact socket that was test over 1,200 lbs/ft of torque. The Kit contains a leather wrapped tool, a wheel chock, 46mm socket and a storage bag. Protect your investment! Sarto Rocheleau
Cobra 6.jpg
Cobra 2.jpg

Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Sarto. Very nice tool that you have there. However, you must be a forum vendor to advertise these on the forum for sale. There are links on the forum to become a vendor.

Regards Brian

Welcome to GT40S Sarto. Very nice tool that you have there. However, you must be a forum vendor to advertise these on the forum for sale. There are links on the forum to become a vendor.

Regards Brian

Regards Brian
Hello Brian, I'm new to this site and could use a little help navigating to being on as a forum vendor.
I found a old link from years ago before the new tool was available until now.
I appreciate the opportunity to get this new tool and its benefits out to all who can use it. Over the years has been the biggest complaint of not getting the spinner off without breaking something.
Thanks for the up date and hopefully some help. I will give a discount of $30 to your members if they show the tool kits to others. Here are other pictures of the tool kit. It also has a smooth finish and has engraved undo directional arrows for left and right spinners.
Thanks again
Sarto Rocheleau

Thanks, Brian, I found and paid the fees to be a on as a forum vendor. I'm still looking to connect as forum vendor to be able to list my new tools.
I assume if I was on it, I would be able to see other vendor items for sale?? Sarto

Gale

Supporter
I read about Sarto's tool on an different thread here a couple of weeks ago and checked out his website. I liked what I saw and had read so I contacted him. He was great to work with and I had the tool in 2 days. It looks just as good in my hand as it does in the pictures and I tried it on the deep inset rear wheels on my Mk II and it worked perfect.
I'm very please with the tool, the service and that my knock offs will not get all beaten up. I was surprised at how much easier it was to tighten them then with a hammer.
I highly recommend.
Thank you Sarto.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Sarto. I have sent you a PM. Thank You for bringing this great tool to market.

Regards Brian

I bought this tool recently, too, and am wondering what ft/lbs other purchasers are torguing the wheels/wheel spinners to.

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

I bought this tool recently, too, and am wondering what ft/lbs other purchasers are torguing the wheels/wheel spinners to.

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Hi Chris, since there are not any posted torque settings by any wheel or spinner makers, the standard stated method is to use a lead hammer until you think it is good enough. In my 66 Lotus Elan coupe maual, has the only torque settings I've been able to find anywhere. It was 200 to 220 ft/lbs. Since the hub size on the Lotus is about the same as the GT40 hubs and spinners, it is only my guess might apply.
A shop owner who uses a lead hammer for years, we tested his 3 good whack method, and he hit within 3 to 4 pounds of 210 everytime. He did say that the added leverage you get by using a breaker bar or a torque wrench, I needed a block of wood to stop the wheel from turning on the floor. The hub size is about the same as the halibrand spinners. It is my guess would be under 250 to tighten.
If you have used a lead hammer on the last time you tightened them. Make a mark on both the wheel and the spinner. Loosen the spinner and use my tool with a torque wrench and see how close the marks are to that torque.
My tool with its impact socket has been tested to over 1,200 ft/ibs of torque which should remove the most subborn spinners that have seized together. When trying to remove over tightened spinners with a hammer, you will put all of the removal force on one ear at a time, when using a hammer it puts all of the force on one ear and can weeken or even break it off. My tool applies equal force to all three ears at the same time spreading the removal force without damaging the spinner's ears. It works best when using it on the deepest wheels, where a hammer would have difficulty reaching in to geting a good swing.
A torque impact wrench can be use to break the spinner loose but use s torque wrench to tighten themN. Over tightening will only stretch the threads.
Nobody really knows what torque is best but once the spinner and wheel are tight, over tightening can only deform the threads and make it harder to remove. Use anti-sieze and safety wire for best protection.

Jim Albright

Supporter
I ordered Sarto's tool Saturday and it arrived this morning. Well packaged and a top quality item - outstanding vendor!

It's a nice tool. I still needed The Muther Thumper.... Now that the spinners are no longer frozen solid the tool works great.

Last edited:
In a world that seems to have many businesses that are not what they claim, this one not only provided what it claims, but more. Breath of cold fresh air. Great product, great response, perfect for the purpose.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Try this Earl. Everyone that I have talked to were very pleased with this tool.

Regards Brian

Back