Gt40-v10

Haha, yeah right. I'm following that thread too! lol

And thanks guys, it is fun working (playing) with these goodies. At the moment, I am working on the transmission, which is an absolute show stopper to say the least! Pics to come of that soon. I promise :)

Last edited:
great to see you still with a 40 .what a wonderful project .keep the pictures coming .to bad your in qld now talk soon mark

Hi Simon. For sure, I owe this thread an update...

The GT40-V10 project is cancelled. A major shift in priorities right at the end of last year had basically put this thing on ice. Since then, I have decided to part out the project, with many of the Formula 1 components sold off, and mostly sent back to Europe. It was a difficult decision, but I knew that without my 100% concentration, the build would have stagnated, no question about it.

Of the major components left, I have the 2000 Cadillac LMP carbon Chassis (Riley & Scott), the 2006 Renault F1 uprights, drive shafts, wheels, etc. The F1 transmission was sold off (no, not the Elite 'box from my RF40 !) including all of the hydraulics / lines / pumps / clutch / etc.

I have many GT40 specific parts still too, like front and rear lights, door hardware, wiring harness, radiator (2 core aluminium), etc. I will list a proper thread in the garage sale section soon...

Oh yeah, the Cosworth TJ2004 V10 we had for mock-up (bare block and heads) also found a new home. Though it was quite tempting to keep it and turn it into a coffee table or something ;)

Yeah, that's a shame to hear Troy. Thanks for the update. I can understand it was a massive project to take on, requiring some serious dedication.

Back