GT40s.com Folding @ Home Team Formed

Ron Earp

Admin
They don't have one of these for a PSP do they? I have a PSP I take with me on trips, and of course it is wireless too. It must have some decent processing power. Xbox, the old one? I guess not.

I found out two of my machines has been off without me knowing it. Bad.

R

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

No PSP client as of now. Stats are updated every hour. If you finish the work unit after it's deadline, which can happen if you turn off Folding at Home, or your network is down, the client will show how many work units it did, but this will not be reflected in the stats page. I believe the reason for this is that the work unit you were working on is reassigned to another participant after the deadline.

Regards,

Al

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Machine number 3 is at 58% after 45 days. :rolleyes:
I'll let it finish off and retire it to the PC graveyard!

If you want a high score quick run the dual core processor Beta, the SMP one, assuming you have a dual core machine to run it on.

I started running this console only beta on a pretty ordinary Dell desktop and it flies. Around 48hours per WU and always around 1200 points a WU.

Thats how i got to 5th in our team with only 18 WU complete!!!

Ant
(Gibbo007)

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Holiday Computing Anyone?

Hi Folks,

If any of you are expecting/hoping to see a PS3 show up at your home during the holidays please consider joining the GT40s.com Folding@home team.

If you go to News and Updates - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats and click the team button and then enter GT40s.com you can dig down and see that GT40s.com is on track to overtake what appears to be the entire country of Slovakia by Jan 02, 2008 and break into the top 1000 teams list!

How to join and participate is covered in the beginning of this thread.

Best Regards,

Al

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

I was working my way through the forums (it's been over a year now and I still haven't read all of them) and found this thread. So, seeing it's a good cause I've put 3 of my machines on it. Since yesterday I have already completed 1 work unit......!! and the others are chugging along..much like my GT40..

Cheers,

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I just read this thread for the first time today! I have never read it before as from the title I assumed it related to some form of metalwork folding at home!! I wonder if that has put other people off from reading it too, or is it just me :stupid: (doh!)?

I used to run SETI on a number of machines years ago, but went through a phase of being 'less geeky' (and also genrally too busy) and never bothered putting it on newer machines - also my slideshow of my GT40 looks very nice!

Anyway, I will endeavour to start putting this on some machines again (or at least my main one at home).

Max

I notice the forum team has fallen away.
I dropped out when I had a machine issue but I have had a team of my own running for a while now (in memory of a deceased relative). I wonder if others are doing the same or if its just something that's been forgotten about?

Tim.

Not had any machines running for ages now, one of those applications you just forget about when rebuilding machines over the years

Back