GTD registration and title

Cammer
The people to contact are, Titles Unlimited inc. 1800 325 8136. Have used them several times, never a problem. Basicly, you fill out their form, send it back to them, and a few days later you get a new registration with your vin # and the year you chose. Then just register it at motor vehicial again . Simple as that.

I have also used them. Great to work with. The other thing you need to look at is how the title is handled in your home state. The title you get from the titling companies come from particular states. In my case it was New Hampshire. When I brought it in to the CA DMV they required me to get a VIN from the state police. No problem, but check it out before you commit!

DO NOT[b/] go the "title unlimited" route in KANSAS because you will be getting yourself into a mess. The Kansas authorities are well aware of "loophole" type title companies and you will be opening a can of worms trying to title anything here using them.

cammer,

Does it have an engine in it? For smog puroposes they usually go by the year of the engine. Ford blocks have casting codes & dates codes that they will use. If you've already got a '65 engine you don't have anything to worry about (unless Colorado is weird about their smog rules). If it has no engine, get yourself a pre-smog block and "rebuild" it. If it's got a newer engine and you don't want to go through the hassle of replacing it, then the title guys mentioned above may be the way to go...

Hmmm... Just found this page: Colorado emissions program

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Emission testing of gas and diesel powered vehicles is required when registering, reregistering or selling vehicles in the following Colorado counties known as the Enhanced Area: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Denver, Douglas, El Paso, and
Jefferson. Testing is also required in Weld, Larimer and Pitkin Counties, known as the Basic Area. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Vehicles registered and licensed in the categories of: horseless carriage, street rod, farm, and collector series are exempt. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know my Colorado counties, but you may be exempt on that basis. Otherwise, I'd look into what the requiremetns are to register it as a street rod or collector series.

How do i go about registering a GTD in the states as a 1965, so that I can avoid all of the smog hangups?
confused.gif

Back