Gurney Eagle heads value

Good morning Matt.

I could be interested in purchasing these. By any chance do you also have the valves, springs, etc to go with them? They could work for my project so please let me know. Many thanks.

Elliot.
[email protected]
941-468-0433

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Matt,
The valve guides on number 7 cylinder are missing - have you any pictures of the cylinder internals for us. ?

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
Rick,
I’m not the right buyer either, but I know 3 sets that have been bought and that is unfortunately the average of the 3 I know. All were as rough as these appear to be.

I know I enquired about a set a while ago and was glad I was sitting down when I heard the price.
Given the price these go for, I am surprised that there are not aftermarket reproductions of them available, that use modern valve gear and intake runner design.
Imagine a new version, that achieved the retro looks with improved performance. I have never seen a set in person and wonder if advancements in combustion chamber shape, valve seat geometry and port dimensions could not be applied. Add in some lighter weigh valves (which you are going to have to get made anyway unless they were a common ford part? I don't know.....) and they could potentially be a market. I presume you could design a remake around some of the newer off the shelf components.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
H
I know I enquired about a set a while ago and was glad I was sitting down when I heard the price.
Given the price these go for, I am surprised that there are not aftermarket reproductions of them available, that use modern valve gear and intake runner design.
Imagine a new version, that achieved the retro looks with improved performance. I have never seen a set in person and wonder if advancements in combustion chamber shape, valve seat geometry and port dimensions could not be applied. Add in some lighter weigh valves (which you are going to have to get made anyway unless they were a common ford part? I don't know.....) and they could potentially be a market. I presume you could design a remake around some of the newer off the shelf components.

Hmmm.....perhaps I know someone who would take on such a project. (No, not me!)

I have mentioned it to SCM at least once before. he now has the capacity to produce 3d printed sand cores, so is constantly evolving the design of his heads. Each time I see one of his customers produce a dyno result it seems to have gone up. I have too many projects on the go already, but something like the above is in the back of my mind, I have no idea if it would work but am wondering if something like late model LS7 style cam gear geometry could be incorporated into essentially an Gurney head casting. You would get the classic look of the gurney heads with the benefit of all the LS components, development and advancements in metallurgy of the shelf...…..

(just putting the idea out there, hopefully someone picks up the batten, hey look here is a set of heads that you could 3d scan to get the ball roiling...……….)

Back