Has anyone ran a Haltech Nexus R5?

Just wondering if anyone has contemplated or actually sorted out a Haltech Nexus R5 to control the engine management and body controls?

I'm in the planning stages of my build and want to leave the controls till the last but as I go along sourcing pumps and fans etc, I'm thinking its almost time to commit. Port Injected 347, EFI , drive by wire dual sync distributor with coil packs and then the electric fans, electric A/C and in tank HP fuel system too.

Any other options other than the conventional would be appreciated for comments.

The R5 is an expensive option that’s for sure but it’s a good bit of kit having a PDM built in for anything requiring PWM control. If you’re going to utilise all it has to offer then it’s a good option but otherwise it’s likely there is cheaper and just as good stuff out there. I’d love to have a pdm but too rich for my blood. Fuses and relays it is!

I’m going to go with MaxxEcu Pro for my build I think, DBW 8 stack,coil packs, flex fuel, traction control, switchable maps, fan, fuel pump, electric water pump blah blah. Am waiting on confirmation of exactly what it can control PWM wise, but I know I need more I/O’s than the Race version of their Ecu handles.

I'll be doing megasquirt MS3-extra

I've set up 4 MS2 engines with great success, so I'm comfortable with setting it up and tuning it. It'll be a twin turbo 427, port injected, speed density, full sequential and VAG coil packs.

Currently working on the wiring on my build, and have chosen to use the Nexus R5, as with all Haltech the quality and software is excellent, but these units have a lot of wiring to take care of, i used the terminated harness for car and engine, it’s has a huge amount of features, i also incorporated a PD16 module to take care of the extra electrical items up front. It probably has more functions that I will use at first but will add more as I go, Traction control is an easy set up and I will definitely incorporate it. I am using cannon plugs from cabin to rear, so if the engine comes out, all I need to do is disconnect 3 plugs.
my dash is also the IC7 from Haltech, which is not for everyone but I just like the idea of having lots of technology in my build.
I need to start updating my build log as it’s been years, and the thing has changed substantially since I starte.
E70F95A2-E69F-458A-8344-2462A78A24D9.jpeg

Good to see a few Haltechs being used, I'm in Australia so support is only a phone call away and a few friends that use their product say the service is good too.
Just have to wait for the release of the R3 I guess.
Thanks for the comments guys.

Haltech has just brought out a downsized version of the R5, the new R3, reasonably priced as well. I'll update or start a build log soon when I figure out which way I'm going.

Back