Hello (Aloha) from Hawaii

Hi All,

I hope you guys don't mind, I've been doing some homework on your forums looking for information on engine/transaxle combinations for a midengine project of mine. Unfortunately no, its not a GT40. I had wanted to build one for many years and actually put down some money on a KVA GT40 (Defunct for many years now) but gave up when I found out that the laws in Hawaii made it all but impossible back then to ever register one. Back in the early 90's I was at the Knotts Berry Farm Kit Car show and got to ride in a GTD when the event closed. Needless to say it was a thrill. Anyway to make a long story short, I eventually bought a beater Ferrari 308 (never will be worth anything). I've had it for about 12 years now and decided that I want more power and would like to rebody it into a 288 GTO which will involve converting it into a longitudinal V8/Transaxle configuration.

Well even though its not for a GT40, I hope you don't mind me asking questions from time to time about some of your engine/transaxle configurations. Through these forums, I have learned enough to find and purchase a porsche G50/52 transmission and now am looking for the right engine to mate it with.

Best Regards,

Alan

Alan,

Welcome to the Forum!

There are a variety of mid-engined cars on this forum, all with their own unique technology from which to get your ideas. Enjoy!

Back