Hello from Pittsburgh

Hi to everyone who love GT40's.......which I imagine are all of you!

My love affair with GT40's began in 1967 at age 18, when just by happenstance, I would catch a glimpse of what I learned to be was a GT40 parked on a suburban street. I had to stop and look. After a friendly chat with the owner, I promised myself that sometime in my lifetime I would own one of those cars! For many years the promise remained unfulfilled, but recently I decided it was time to act.
Through some research, I came to learn the car I had seen was #1054.
I have since traced the car car to its current owner (a Pittsbugher!) and have reconnected with that which so inspired me 45 years ago.
I am currently beginning my search for a continuation car (Mark I, Gulf car) preferably tenderly used or if not, then new, so any help from the group is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all in advance.
Fred Cramer

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Welcome Fred,

I look forward to meeting you in person Friday.

Yes, it was the infamous P1054 "Breznev" car that you saw lo those many years ago, now currently owned by raconteur Fran Kress.

Rick

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome, Fred

That must have been something, seeing one on the street, back in the day.....

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
welcome4.gif

I'm originally from PA too. Been stuck here on the left coast for a long spell. But, the weather's good, the girls are, well, California girls, and the performance cars are plentiful all year long. Cheers, Robert

Back