Hello from Rohnert Park, California

Hello!

I’m a 60’s Ford fanatic in Northern California. I’ve been a life-long Mustang guy, but I’ve always dreamed of owning a GT40 and (we’re dreaming here, right) a 289 FIA Cobra. I’m going to try and make something happen here with one of those projects in the next couple of years. In fact I’m getting a plan together as we speak.

In the meantime I’ve got kind of a hair-brained project up my sleeve that’s not totally irrelevant to these forums, and I’ve come here on the hunt for some knowledge/advice.

I’ve got a hi-po 289 that I’ve just recently put together in a Mustang. It’s probably putting out power in the high 300’s currently, and, it will eventually make it’s way into either a Cobra or GT40 kit car, because the Mustang (Bullitt replica) has a 390FE waiting on a stand for it. But in the meantime, I want to outfit the 289 with 48 IDA Weber’s, and 180° headers. It already gets a lot of looks at cars and coffee events, and I think the sound with Weber’s and 180° headers will really blow people’s minds, plus, it’ll just make this motor that much more appropriate when I do start my eventual kit project.

Anyway, I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I’ve been lurking for a while, but just registered. I’m going to head over to the Engines/Inductions/Exhaust forums and post some Weber questions.

Hope that’s alright.

Thanks,
Casey

Back