Hello from Sydney, Australia

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome, Dario. I was in Sydney a few weeks ago on business and lived in Hobart for five years previously (although I know many from the mainland don't consider Tassie part of Australia). What an awesome city you live in. I've owned my Superformance for almost nine years and have put a bit more than 35,000km on it since then. Although Superformance's after-sales support is pretty weak, their cars are good. All the best as you consider your options.

Welcome, Dario. I was in Sydney a few weeks ago on business and lived in Hobart for five years previously (although I know many from the mainland don't consider Tassie part of Australia). What an awesome city you live in. I've owned my Superformance for almost nine years and have put a bit more than 35,000km on it since then. Although Superformance's after-sales support is pretty weak, their cars are good. All the best as you consider your options.

Thanks for the welcome.
I did spend some time evaluating and found some considerable variation in the responsiveness and approach of various suppliers.

Was very impressed with the professionalism and openness of CAV and Tornado.

The car I settled on after a couple of false starts (it is here now, so not much left to consider!) is an existing build from the UK, not a new commission from any of the current builders.
It was originally built in 1970 though has been restored recently.

Thanks for the welcome.
I did spend some time evaluating and found some considerable variation in the responsiveness and approach of various suppliers.

Was very impressed with the professionalism and openness of CAV and Tornado.

The car I settled on after a couple of false starts (it is here now, so not much left to consider!) is an existing build from the UK, not a new commission from any of the current builders.
It was originally built in 1970 though has been restored recently.

Great stuff and welcome to the family.

Love to see some photos of the acquisition.

No doubt you have the engineering side of things all sorted for licensing in NSW.

Cheers from WA
Ricky.

Thank you, great to be part of the family.
Yep, all sorted.
Here are some pics...

Attachments

• 20221120_164332.jpg
    20221120_164332.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 146
  • 20221119_194715.jpg
    20221119_194715.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20221119_194623.jpg
    20221119_194623.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 20221119_194601.jpg
    20221119_194601.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 135
Hi Dario

Roaring 40s was a company that went bust a long time ago 2005 ish from memory, (owned by Logan who had many $thousands in deposits) and the remnants bought by another company who were also called Roaring 40s so make sure you are dealing with the legit company. There have been some reports that Robert Logan is back in the car game.

The original Roaring 40s car was a copy of a Tornado.

The second Roaring 40s company was reported to be a stand up company.

No doubt someone will chime in and know about the actual car.

Welcome to the world of GT40s

Ian

Hi all, first time commenter long time stalker. I spoke to Robert Logan back in January 2022 and the guy made my skin crawl, he has drastically upped the prices, made no real changes.
He has acquired it back from the parts manufacturer that bought it back in the day.

Upon questions regarding Registration I told him I have grown up around the inspection process and everything but the icv process is common knowledge to me(in an effort to save him some time explaining) this caused him to go off on a rant "all you Aussies are the same, think you know it all and what you don't know you can "she'll be right""
I made nice with him, told him to go ahead and send me the pricing etc(I subsequently deleted it because of his sh!t attitude)

At this point I knew nothing of the guy. Upon further research I found he had bilked a fair few people out of coin, dodged a suit and somehow managed to build a multimillion dollar property on Phillip Island with the assets he "didn't have to repay his customers"

Last I heard he was looking to send some of his personal cars to the u.k which suggests he may be looking to milk more people with the "new" RF gt40 and then p!ss off. But I'm cynical like that.

The long and short of it is to be very very very careful giving money to this bloke. One phone conversation with no previous knowledge made me double take, and im glad I did.

I'm still putting my pennies aside to acquire my dream car, I've decided to aquire it all at once instead of one package at a time.

I'm looking at Absolute Pace, curious to know how people in NSW Australia have gone with that, last I read it's now possible to get icv's done again, do AP make the cut?

I have a brother in QLD with whom I can register the car otherwise, but I'd much prefer NSW registration.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk, I apologise for hijacking the post. I felt compelled to put my 2c about that bloke incase someone else is searching.

Surprising he upped the prices. Made a big deal of telling me when we spoke last year that he wants to make the cars affordable.
But I guess it's consistent with the pattern of changing positions on various claims made over time.

I think you're doing the right thing to keep exploring.

Where in NSW are you?

I'm currently out Leppington way in Sydney for work but I'm originally from up near Byron Bay area.

I compared what I had saved from when acp owned it to the price list he sent me and on parts alone the car would be 45-50k dearer, gotta pay for that mcmansion and gurney rip-off somehow.

Back