Hello from the West Coast

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
I'm new to this forum..prior I was/am a devout Corvette collector (please don't hold that against me) and now with the stock market improving I am in the mood to purchase a slightly used 05/06 GT40. While I love my Z06s and ZR-1, I still think the GT40 is the best looking mid engined car made. I am optimistic that members here are a bit more civilized than Vette Forums who have some real punk kids. While I'm barely 30 I'm not here to talk trash or belittle others. I'm a Mechanical Engineer and love working on cars.

Dusty, welcome to the forum. The vehicle you expressed interest in, the Ford GT, is distinctly different from the GT40,the modern GT's [original] predecessor. The GT is, obviously, Ford's homage to the original racer,with changes to produce a comfortable,accessorized and more contemporary car. Although I'm sure we'd all like to have you stick around, your interests may be better served by the Ford GT forum,at least you would get more detailed info and purchase leads there. If you do move to that forum, we'd still welcome your input here. A.J.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Dusty,

Welcome, although this forum is mostly GT40, I think you will find a great group of guys who for the most part treat people well and have great insight.

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
I wouldn't mind the original 1960's GT40 which weighs far less, is down to the overall height of 40 inches approx and I don't have to deal with emissions. I'm considering a kit car much like SPF or RCR. I'd be more interested in Era GT40s if their website looked a little more polished. My original interest came when I logged onto X2 collision and they had some GTs that needed work for a decent price. Stock market is making a slooow recovery and I can afford a GT/GT40.

Thanks for the input. I'll continue to monitor this site and setup an acount at the other.

Back