Hello to everyone from Wales

Hello! - from not so sunny North Wales!

Looking to finally purchase the car of my dreams in the next 18 months so its time to learn which one I want (not which is best - I am not going there!!!)

Welcome to the forum Ian, take your time, do your research and in the end settle for the best compromise for your needs/wishes/budget. Have fun!

I once backbacked all over North Wales on a castle viewing walk. I can only dream of what it would be like to live there and have a great car to tear up the road with. You'll be a lucky man......

One of the things you should do is a review of how much work you want to do and are capable of doing in order to complete your car. This may narrow down the field as much as budget. Do you intend to use this on the street,the track or a little of both? Monocoque or space frame? Steel, SS or aluminum chassis ? And does degree of similarity to an original place high on your list of objectives? Does your intended manufacturer have to be within reasonable access of your location ? Answers to these questions may help sort it out a bit. Welcome to the forum! A.J.

Hi Ian

Welcome to the forum, I am a new member and have just managed to get my dream GT40 at last!

You are in great company, everyone here seems really nice and are so helpful, enjoy!

Cheers

Aidan

Thanks for all the welcomes, in answer to some of the comments and points:

Chip - Wales is the best place for tearing down roads, I restored a 911 15 years ago and I still enjoy its "throttle response" over the mountains!

Al - I am happy to do as much work as is needed, doing work myself (a competent restorer) will help a limited budget. I have to learn the subtle differences between the models I want track and road so I must research monocoque v space frame

Andy - a visit to tornado is on my list! I will call to arrage for the end of the summer (busy workload until then)

Aiden - I followed your search - you will have to tell me about the search and resulting GTD!

Eglitom - I have taken my 911 around the Nurburgring several times - the GT40 will have to do the same when I have it!

Hope to meet you all at some point.

Back