HELMUT RECOMMENDATIONS

I know Snel aproved butwhat spec: SA or M, what bad, and a good source. I have always used Bell but mine is now out of date andnes replacing.

Racer wholesale in Roswell Georgia is a good source for safety equipment.

Do yourself a big favor and try the helmet on before you buy it. This is one item that is hard to buy through mailorder because fit is so important.

I have worn different helmets over the years and even though they are supposedly the same size, the fit varies from different manucturers.

I would recommend an SA rated helmet for auto type events so that you know you will have a helmet that will pass tech at any event you go to. The "M" rated helmets are not allowed in some events, so the SA is the way to go.

I currently have a pair of Bell SR-Pro(s) which I use in SCCA competition.
I like the fit much more than the simpson voyager I used to have. The bell has more room around the ear for the earpiece for my radio, and it also has a little better fit around my cheeks.

It is a full faced helmet without a shield , made primarily for closed cockpit cars.
It is fine, but I have had trouble with it catching air when driving open top cars while instructing at schools.

If you plan to ever need a helmet in an open car, get one with a shield. Oh, and while you're at it, spend another 20 bucks and get yourself a neck brace/collar.

sa2000 is the only way to go.Nomex lined.
These helmets are certified by the SCCA with the newest designation for racing.
I recommend that you try on as many helmets as you can and see which brand suits your head.
I have Arai and love them for bikes and cars.I also have a Bieffe GP car helmet,good value but a little heavy.also loosens up a lot with use.
My latest helmet to try is a Simpson speedway shark with full aero package for my open wheel racing.I got a good deal on it and figured why not.I have noticed that the finish on the Simpson is far inferior to both the Bieffe and the Arai.
Arai being the best fit and finish and also the best fitting helmet over a three season time frame.
Everyone has their favourites but I would always buy a full face helmet and wear a nomex balaclava at all times and a matching suit...safety is no laughing matter and any extra time you can give yourself in event of a fire ,heaven forbid,could be a true life saver..

Back