Help with parts to complete RF #36

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Now that I have the engine running, transaxle shifting, and all the electrical sorted out; I need some help sourcing some parts to complete the car. The windshield I got with the car is cracked and I need to source a windshield that will fit a Roaring Forties. I have had some e-mail communications with the new owner(s) of RF and I have sent e-mails to the company who is said to own the tooling for the RF windscreen but as yet been unsuccessful in locating a windscreen.
Second, the kit did not come with any of the interior components like the carpets, interior trim, firewall upholstery etc. I have the dash, door inserts and seats but nothing else.
Any help that anyone could give me on sourcing these parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Have you thought about doing your own carpet / interior trim. There is a company near me in the UK that sell car carpet off the roll and then will do the binding / heal mats for you once you have cut it to your requirements. I imagine you must have companies in the US that could do the same, and if the rest of your build is anything to go by, I am sure you would make a superb job of it.

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Now that I have the engine running, transaxle shifting, and all the electrical sorted out; I need some help sourcing some parts to complete the car. The windshield I got with the car is cracked and I need to source a windshield that will fit a Roaring Forties. I have had some e-mail communications with the new owner(s) of RF and I have sent e-mails to the company who is said to own the tooling for the RF windscreen but as yet been unsuccessful in locating a windscreen.
Second, the kit did not come with any of the interior components like the carpets, interior trim, firewall upholstery etc. I have the dash, door inserts and seats but nothing else.
Any help that anyone could give me on sourcing these parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Keith

I purchased a windshield for my RF approx. 10 years ago from [email protected] (Dan White). The interior trim I purchased bulk materials from a local upholstery shop, cut to fit and then had the shop to bind the edges.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
I purchased a windshield for my RF approx. 10 years ago from [email protected] (Dan White). The interior trim I purchased bulk materials from a local upholstery shop, cut to fit and then had the shop to bind the edges.

Jim,
I e-mailed Dan White a week ago but have not had a response...
I am still looking for a windshield.
Keith

Howard Jones

Supporter
The windshield I put in my GTD was from Dan White also. I think that means a GTD windshield will fit a RF? You might also call Fran at RCR and ask him if their GT40 windshield will fit a GTD or for that matter a RF. He just might know first hand.

Keep trying Dan White. I know he had a few dozen windshields at one point several years ago.

Back