Hey Everybody, building an Apex :)

Hi everyone,
My name's Flo, and I've been reading the forum for a few years, I feel it's now time to officially join the community. I wanted to introduce myself here before I start my build thread. I'm building a Superlite Apex.

To tell you all a little about myself, and how I got here. A few years ago in March of 2011, I was in my junior year at the College for Creative Studies here in Detroit majoring in Automotive Design. At the time I had put together a portfolio to try and get an internship at the big 3. None of them even called me in to look at my portfolio... I live within driving distance of RCR/Superlite Cars, and was actually driving past the shop numerous times a week on my way to school. I was always intrigued by what the cars were in that showroom as I was driving.
One day that March I walked into RCR with my portfolio in hand, and met Fran Hall. He looked through my portfolio, and then said "Let me show you what we do here", and walked me through the shop and I was amazed at the shop full of RCR40s and 917s. My jaw dropped in amazement at all the cars.
Fran saw potential in me, and gave me the opportunity to prove myself by doing a few renderings, they were for the Superlite SL-C LeMans (convertible) A few months later, in the summer of 2011 we had started developing the Superlite Apex or 'GTA' at the time on paper. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. My senior year at CCS got really hectic as I was going to school full time, and doing renderings for what would be the Apex later on. Winter/Spring of 2012 we started building a full scale model of the Apex, (at the same time Factory Five was building their 818 car). I learned a lot in my time at RCR and one thing was that beating FF 818 to production wouldn't matter, having solid styling and the thought put into the kit that would win people over in the end. So in the end for me it was worth the wait. Nothing more satisfying than last week when my Apex kit arrived on my driveway.

Please let me know where the best spot to start my build thread... I'm guessing RCR Forum - RCR40 /SLC / P4 / MKIV ?

I look forward to learning from you guys, and I will try and update my build thread regularly.

Welcome to the forum Flo, appreciate your renderings for Fran!

Enjoy, there will be a couple build threads showing up soon, you'll see.

Back