Hi All - new from Colorado

Hi All -
sure is a great place you folks have built here. I have spent several hours looking through threads over the past few weeks!

My name is Scott and I am based in Colorado. I have been collecting for a bit (I tell my wife it is "investing") - primarily british stuff with a spattering of some German. I do have one Ford in the collection - a 57 Fordson Thames panel van that was formerly a Harrods delivery truck in the UK (I know, I know - very random). Here are a few cr@ppy cell phone pics of where I spend my free time (sorry for the quality).

I recently was "confronted" by a Gulf liveried GT40 replica that was for sale. Quite frankly, I fell in love. The more research I do, the more hooked I become. My only concern is if I will actually fit in the car (6'2+" and 280). I am pretty good with a wrench and a welder, so hopefully I can make it work.

Look forward to interacting. I hope to get a car and learn enough to actually contribute to the community, verses just asking piles of newbie questions.

Thanks very much -
Scott S

Attachments

• shop AUG 2 2012.jpg
    shop AUG 2 2012.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Shop 2 AUG 2 2012.jpg
    Shop 2 AUG 2 2012.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 167
  • c left side 1.JPG
    c left side 1.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 164
  • shop 3 aug 2012.jpg
    shop 3 aug 2012.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Nice collection of cars you have there Scott! Is the red Jaguar a Mark 1? Mark 2?

I had a 1959 Jaguar Mark 1 for a couple years (White w/Red), but it needed some serious restoration!

Welcome! Like you, I am hoping to join the ranks of ownership too!

Hi Mike -
The red car is not mine. That picture was taken at a shop in Idaho just prior to loading the c-type on to a transport truck to Colorado (it was one of the insurance pics).

The current Jags in the stash are:
- '57 xk 140
- '38 Suffolk SS100
- '67 E-type
- '57 Mark VII
- '55 D-type replica
- '53 carbon fiber C-type replica

It looks like I am a Jag guy. But I am really not. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy them/working on them very very much (I will probably be buried in the D-type - love that car). They just happened to be good deals when I came across them.

Welcome Scott, nice to have you onboard and we will look forward to hearing more about your collection. Looks great. Love the Harrods van!

Back