Hi everyone

Just bought a kit on Mercari. 30 percent sure my shipper will actually pick it up on Monday. 70 percent sure it’s not all there as promised. I’m going to really need your help please.

Hi, Barry Eskanos in Miami Beach, Florida. The kit is coming from South Carolina. Looks like a barn find. There is a body in a field in the photograph and the seller told me that all the parts are in the garage in boxes, including gauges, interior, etc. He was selling it for a family member who is going through some medical issues and needed to get rid of it. The ad said shipping included, but you all know how that is, so I hired my own shipper to go pick it up. I tried to have them get it Friday, but they needed time to get all the stuff into the car for shipping, so shipper is coming Monday or Tuesday (they need a two day window). I have no idea how long it takes a truck driver get it here, I am guessing Tuesday or Wednesday? I do not know. Since we are on quarantine, it does not seem to be any big deal as I will be home. Lol. I am going to inventory it when it comes and we can see what to do from there. I have a neighbor / close friend who had an ac cobra kit he didn't finish. I have a Ford engine in my garage from that build and a tremec transmission that never made it into the car. The engine has been re-bored and pistons are new. Needs rods and lifters. New covers. Manifold. I really want to put in an electric oil pump and electronic ignition and if possible, even fuel injection. That is, IF I use that engine. I am not concerned about authenticity as I do not think I can afford a build like that. I will do as much as I can to keep it looking real, but I also want to add flare. I was thinking lighting, modern radio, etc. Sorry to purists on the feed in advance. I am handy and have a good garage. What I cannot do, I will outsource and if someone here tells me to get someone else to do it, I will trust them and not take it as a challenge to do it myself.
I am going to start with Randy's feed and see what I can learn from the master.

Ok, so I attached pictures. WISH ME LUCK.... Honestly, I will be relieved if the car shows up. After that, anything that is included is a bonus blessing.

Attachments

• ford gt40.png
    ford gt40.png
    978.1 KB · Views: 242
  • pic 2 gt 40.png
    pic 2 gt 40.png
    859.7 KB · Views: 279
sup·port·er
/səˈpôrdər/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. 1.
    a person who approves of and encourages someone or something (typically a public figure, a movement or party, or a policy).
    "Reagan supporters"

Similar:
    advocate

backer

adherent

promoter

champion

defender

upholder
    votary

partisan

crusader

proponent

campaigner

believer

apologist

helper

follower

ally

voter

disciple

comrade

fanatic

card-carrying member
    insider

contributor

donor

benefactor

sponsor

patron

subscriber

friend

well-wisher

angel

Opposite:
    opponent

adversary

Joel K

Supporter
Click on Support GT40s in red letters on the left top of the main page and it explains the privileges. But the net is, the site is mainly supported by the users so Supporters pay a small fee annually to help keep the site going.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Welcome Barry. Bob left out the part that you could send a whole bunch of money to the management of this site so we can keep it running as the best site on the web.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Welcome to the site Barry. Get the car and parts together, spend plenty of time looking over what you have, versus what you want, and then take your time planning for that before getting too involved in the build. This could be anything you want it to be, so a good start will give you a good finish. We're here to share knowledge, ideas, and advice in some cases.

Last edited:
Welcome to the sit Barry. Get the car and parts together, spend plenty of time looking over what you have, versus what you want, and then take your time planning for that before getting too involved in the build. This could be anything you want it to be, so a good start will give you a good finish. We're here to share knowledge, ideas, and advice in some cases.
Thanks Terry. That was my plan. I really hope that there’s a car to inventory. Fingers crossed.

Welcome Barry,

It looks like a Fiberfab 'GT40 Inspired' kit so you can do anything you fancy with it. I don't know if anyone on here has ever had one but I'm sure people will help with advice if they can. There's some really good engineers on here & it's a well run resource, thanks to Ron & the team.

Regards Steve

Hello Barry,
I believe that is the Fiberfab GT15 model, lots and lots and lots of work ahead . Steve

Attachments

• GT-15-Large.jpg
    GT-15-Large.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 230
So funny. I learned to drive by driving my dads ‘67 convertible corvair. Not much power in them. The guy says that there’s a VW engine in it. I wasn’t concerned because I had planned on replacing it with a crate motor and much better suspension and so forth. What do you guys think about a Porsche engine and transaxle? Or I thought I saw a YouTube where the guy put a ford engine with a Porsche transaxle and fabricated a steel plate spacer you join them?

Kennedy Engineering in California fabricates everything you need to mate a Ford engine to a Porsche transaxle. I am currently using their product and very satisfied.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Well Barry, your on the hook now to make on of this kit "extraordinary" (no pressure mate). Am looking forward to progress, questions, and ideas to do that.

Shipped still looking for a truck to get it out of Tennessee. Lol.
how strong are the door frames? I was thinking about buying a Gullwing kit. It’s hydronic and you don’t have door handles. Just touch a spot on the car. This is MIAMI beach. Nothing is ordinary. Extraordinary has to be the mark. I will reach out to the Kennedy engineering. Lets see what they can do with the ford.

Back