Hi, From Australia

Hi guys,

I thought i would introduce myself and explain why I'm here and a little about myself.

I'm only a young bloke as many would say turning 26 only in early January, I signed up to these forums to find out more information about GT40's. I have always been a ford fan from the start having only owned fords, I am looking into building my own replica GT40 from Roaring Forties here in Melbourne after owning some different cars I found myself wanting something really unique that would turn head be great fun to drive and something that I could build myself. As with my previous cars I never trust them to anyone else and do all the work I can myself or to people I really really trust.

So I have have been looking down the path of a GT40 replica, as it tick all the boxes for me being manual, rear drive V8 and looks really amazing. I had looked into doing a 68 mustang fastback but they are getting old and rusty these days.

I shall apologize early as I may ask many questions that may be common knowledge, but I am happy to learn all i can about the GT40.

This is a little of the previous cars I've owned,

My first car was a 1992 Ford Falcon GLi, 6cyl 4.0ltr, Its was a factory manual car with a limited slip diff. Once finally completed it had a 4.0ltr engine out of a 2000 Ford Falcon and a turbo on the side.

ebunderground.jpg

bay2.jpg

Another of my cars was a 2007 FPV Typhoon I bought new, By the time i had finished with it (lots of dollars later) was making 500hp at the tires, raced it around the track a few times was always fun waving to Aston martins or Porsche GT3's as i went past them.

BLKPHNrdwalls4.jpg

CountryBLKPHN.jpg

An just recently I have sold my 1971 XY FORD FAIRMONT, This was a great car but in Australia these go for top dollar and are often stolen. It was a 302ci Windsor, C4 transmission which as all factory matching not bad for a 41 year old car.

IMG_2024.jpg

P1000530.jpg

Hi Tristan. Nice old Fairmont! I have owned my XY Fairmont for 24 years now. It was my first car and I fitted a 351 Clevo just in time for me to get my license. It has a 460 in it now :)

There's a mountain of information to work your way through on this site. Put aside hours and hours for all the reading!!!

Cheers,

Craig

Roaring Fourties said:
Welcome Tristan, good to see you on here, now lets add to your classic Ford collection....

cheers PB

Thanks for showing me around the showroom, really appreciate it. Adding to the collection sound like a good idea.

Hi Tristan. Nice old Fairmont! I have owned my XY Fairmont for 24 years now. It was my first car and I fitted a 351 Clevo just in time for me to get my license. It has a 460 in it now :)

There's a mountain of information to work your way through on this site. Put aside hours and hours for all the reading!!!

Cheers,

Craig

Thanks Craig, a 460 would be go great! How does it go squeezing in??
I'm slowly going through the forums and yes heaps of information.

Back