HID lights bulk buy.....

My car was built in 1999 and has a sealed beam unit. If i can confirm they fit and get a postage estimate it would be very helpful.

As I am a new owner and did not build the car i am not keen to purchase until details are confirmed. I need to do something about it, as the units I have are next to useless.

Regards
Jason

That sounds like a prety good deal. Once you are sold out, if you don't mind sharing the source, I would probably like to order ten sets or so direct to be shipped to the US. Assuming exchange of about 1.6 to 1 it would still come in at $185 plus shipping. A pretty good deal for a PAIR.

Hi Malcolm
I will probably need some help here. My car has a sealed beam light in it (which is useless). It is a DRB car 1999 buid year (reclangular style lights), as i did not build it myself I am unsure of the current specs - someone else on the list may know.
Can you give me a freight estimate, not in a hurry for them.
Or is there some way I can measure the current units.
Regards
Jason

Malcolm

Supporter
Jason

You will not be able to fit these lights without changing the whole unit away from sealed beam units. Sorry. I am only providing the bulbs plus wriing loom and booster packs.

Attachments

• IMG_4698b.jpg
    IMG_4698b.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 267
Hi Malcom,
Just back from Le Mans and after seeing how good the HD lights are I`ve decided I need to get some. I`m probably too late but if a set is still available I would like to buy one from you. Thanks for your kind comments about my car by the way, (1075 in 69 Le Mans trim). Cheers for now,
Kev Farrington

I just want to confirm if anyone has perused the SVA manual before looking to buy a set. I know for homologation purposes we have to ensure that HID headlights have to have washers on them and prove them to be self-levelling etc etc. Do they have a paragraph on these in the manual?

When I was having my car MOT'd recently, I asked the tester what would be his reaction to my presenting the car next year with HID lights, particularly as they should only be fitted to cars with a self-levelling system.
His reply was that, as long as the beams were correctly adjusted, there would be no problem as there is no way to alter the car's attitude because it doesn't have anywhere to carry weighty objects.
Mind you, he is a very enlightened tester and not a SVA inspector.
Tony

Back