Hispec customer service (UK)

I ordered some parts from them two months ago and was at the time told they would be 4-6 weeks. After 6 weeks I called, only to be told that I would be called by the end of that week..........nothing...
I called last monday to be told somebody would call me back "tomorrow"....again nothing...
Last Friday I called to be told someone would ring me back in ten minutes on my mobile, they even checked the number with me. Did anybody call? No
Monday (1st November now) same thing " will call you back in ten minutes" Nothing
Yesterday (Tuesday 2nd November) EXACTLY the same thing " will call you back in ten minutes" well, I'm still waiting.
While I understand that if they have a lot of work on, my job will be delayed, but I (and several other people who have had unsatisfactory dealings with them) would not mind so much if we were at least informed of these delays and not given false promises (" will call you back in ten minutes")
I'm sure their products are excellent, but until they get their customer care into gear, I for one won't be recommending them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Simon

Simon,

I knew my pound was safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Hi Spec customer service is absolutely appauling....

complete pants....

Totally sh*te....

I could go on.....

I just hope it's just their customer service thats pants and not the product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Simon,
I experienced the same problem when I ordered a set of bells from them, lots of promises and delays, but when they did arrive they were exactly as my drawing and the quality was 1st class.

MWGT40

Supporter
I can't comment on their customer service because I didn't have any of the problems that you had - but the product is definitely first class and great value for money

I'm glad you chaps are happy with you brakes. I've done alot of 'asking around' about hi-spec & I haven't seen very many cars that use thier product. There are a few stories floating around about excessive run-out, However I'm sure every manufacturer has their problems, & on the whole the hi-spec product is OK. Geoff Beddings seems like a very nice & knowledgable chap when it comes to brakes.

IMHO The trouble with Hi-spec is not the quality of their product, its the sh*t service, fobbing off, and inability to fulfill orders & promises. I've lost count of the amount of people I've spoken to & heard about who have cancelled orders because goods simply didn't turn up.

At the end of the day I'm quite gratefull to Hi-spec that they messed me around so much. It *made* me start looking elsewhere & I discovered you can get the AP 5000 range at a similar price.

AP calipers & discs are available *OFF THE SHELF* & I had bells & brackets specially made within 6 weeks.

Given AP's superior reputation & immediate avaialability it was an easy choice to make. I'm delighted with my AP's.

FWIW I understand Willwood's are also avaialable off the shelf & make a nice quality product.

At the end of the day you pays your money & takes your choice.....

Keith

AP 4 pot calipers were the best I ever had on this 550 hp ex IROC Penske camaro to the left (Al Unser Snr car from 1978). Stopped on a dime for a heavy (2000lb) car. No fade. Very underrated IMHO.

Julian, Can you tell me where you got your mounting bells made up? I was think of going with Hi Spec but after reading all the posts above i think i should look elsewhere too.

I must just say, I think (from what I've seen) Hispec's products are first rate, it's ONLY their customer service that lets them down. If you can wait for them to get their ar**'s into gear, then I peronally think the're the ones to go with.
Simon
ps, going down to pick my bits up tomorrow...no...really...

Back