holley double pumper wanted

Need a holley double pumper for track days for my CAV GT40. Currently my Ford 302 has a Holley 750 vac secondaries carb. I want to try a DP for track days without investing in a new one.

Mike, I am in the UK. I am not sure about the size. Is 750 DP too much?. Maybe worth trying 600.

Mike Pass

Supporter
A 750cfm sounds too big for a 302 unless out and out race. I use a 650cfm double pumper but I bet a 600cfm would be good for road use. A friend of mine up here has a 428ci motor (strked 351ci windsor) with Victor Junior top end and this drew max 633cfm on the dyno with 450hp and 500ft lbs. I have a spare 600cfm double pumper which will be in my hands soon if you are interested in trying it.
Cheers
Mike

Malcolm

Supporter
The GTD factory used to offer the 750 cfm vacuum secondary carb as standard. If you wanted the DP version, they offered the 650 cfm DP as from their experience that is what worked well on the typical GTD setup. According to the Factory! However I have the 650 DP on my car and have no complaints. A 600cfm is likely to be ok if your engine is not massively powerful or you do not intend to sit at high rpm all the time. I ran a 600DP at the Ring in 1994 and ran out of puff at 145 mph although partly due to small primary exhaust bore. It is all about breathing your engine.

Thanks guys for all your replies. It seems that I should go with 650 DP. Does anyone have a used one that they might want to sell?.

Mike Pass

Supporter
I also have a 650cfm double pumper I had forgotten about. Let me know if you are interested.
Cheers
Mike

Back