I need a transaxle

Ron McCall

Supporter
If you are looking for a transaxle that is geared correctly for your application and the only trans that will look the part, the ZF 5DS-25 is the only option. I can find you one if you would like to go that route. Expect to pay roughly$12k for one that is RTG. It will be under-stressed at your power level and should last a long time even if you run the car hard.

Ron

If you are looking for a transaxle that is geared correctly for your application and the only trans that will look the part, the ZF 5DS-25 is the only option. I can find you one if you would like to go that route. Expect to pay roughly$12k for one that is RTG. It will be under-stressed at your power level and should last a long time even if you run the car hard.

Ron

Thank you.

I have a brand new ZF built heavy main case 5DS-25 number 10203 in Pantera configuration. It can be supplied with a 3.56 ring and pinion or a 4.22 and can be flipped as needed for a GT. It was just opened up and internally inspected for age corrosion and was perfect. Shoot me a PM or a direct email at [email protected]

HCF can set you up with a Graziano. They also work on the Ricardo. However, with your engine I think the ZF is the best option for function and authenticity.

Hi, I have a Porsche G50 6-speed transaxle that is shortened to fit GT40. Also an original aluminium cast Ford smallblock adapter made to fit the Porsche transaxle. More info and pictures can be sent in PM.

Hi, I have a Porsche G50 6-speed transaxle that is shortened to fit GT40. Also an original aluminium cast Ford smallblock adapter made to fit the Porsche transaxle. More info and pictures can be sent in PM.
Hi Urban ... Is the G50 and Adaptor For Sale ?
If so, can you provide photos and Cost ... Thanks

Here are some pictures of the G50 6-speed gearbox fitted with cast aluminium bellhouse for small block ford 289/302/351. It is shortened in both ends and measured to fit the gt40 monocoque chassi. For more details, contact me on [email protected]

Attachments

• Photos (2).zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 562
Interesting posts. Of those boxes listed which have the most readily available repair/parts availability? Will a Porsche dealer touch a G50 box in a GT40?

Howard Jones

Supporter
Call these guys. I highly recommend them.

Back