Inner Fender Protection

This is a question for those that have had their cars on the road for some time. I have a dually truck with fiberglass fender extensions and noticed quite a few spiderweb cracks in the paint on the outside from rocks being flung up from the tires. With the big sticky tires on the SLC, is this a problem or is there an inner fender to prevent this. Also, if there is an inner fender how is this treated with the louvered fender vents. Just curious as the thought hit me while I was looking at the great pictures on the pic thread.

There is a complete inner fender package available as an option, the body also has core matt laid into the high stress under fender areas as standard

Ive got close to 9k miles and not a ding and I don't have the fender liners. Mostly street miles. I think the SLC is too low to allow a rock large enough under it. Ha.

Ha, thanks guys, was just curious. Definitely a huge difference between the hand laid multi-layer (done right) and the chopped strand blown in construction of my fender extenders.

Back