Introducing New CNC Billet Aluminum Uprights

Hello,

I was looking again at your revised billet aluminum uprights and would like to take back my earlier comment about my concern on the ackerman angle. They look to be quite good.

Not that it is a large concern, but what difference in weight are we talking here?

Casey

Ron Earp

Admin
Casey,

You may have to email Larry about the uprights he is advertising here on the site. He has not logged on since 1-7-08 and to my knowledge it is he that is doing those uprights, not CAV. I do not know if Larry is involved in any way with CAV corporate or not.

Best,
Ron

Hello,

I was looking again at your revised billet aluminum uprights and would like to take back my earlier comment about my concern on the ackerman angle. They look to be quite good.

Not that it is a large concern, but what difference in weight are we talking here?

Casey

Casey, If you were refering to the set of uprights with the steering arm pickup point shifted inboard you were correct the first time ( Reverse ackerman would be created in a CAV with front steer with those fitted )

Oh Geez. I've only had my car for a month now and it is out at storage since it is winter. I was thinking my car is rear steer, but I am not even sure now. Shows how smart I am right now. duh! on me that is.:eek:

Hi Casey
This serves to confirm that Larry has no involvement with CAV. I personaly do not agree with the tie-rod pick-up point on his uprights, but that does not stop anybody from using them....
Regards
Jean

Back