Introduction & Advice

Howard Jones

Supporter
If you live near a Fastenal store they will custom order hardware with the number you want at the same per piece price as in the catalogs. I have ordered 40 #4 button heads and things like 10 grade 8 3/8-24 socket head bolts.

I am lucky to have one about 10 mins from my house but they will sell you the same stuff on the internet and ship it to you. Like always, a bigger multi item order will save you on the shipping associated with a bunch of little orders but they do have near everything and they will fill odd lot orders for you.

You will be going through a lot of nuts and bolts I thought a had a good assortment but found myself going back for more like every second week for something I never had.
I have over $3000.00 into the car just in nuts, bolts and fittings.

I actually have a Fastenal store not far from me, ~20 min away. My step-brother actually works there as a salesman or rep or something.... Maybe I can get a hook up if he's still there a year from now. :)

Anyone happen to know what font style the Superlite logo is by chance? Or if we can buy decals? I'd like to make or buy a big or small logo to put on the backside of my roll ups.

Figured I'd bump my own thread with some updates. I purchased a 2000 Trans Am WS6 to use as a daily driver, plus have my bike. Putting the truck up for sale to pay myself back for the car and put the rest in my SLC fund. Selling the truck will, without a doubt, put me at a max of 1.5yrs out from purchasing a full kit.

As luck would have it, I was asked to work a 75 day turn around at work. it's all nights and 7-12's. Will be a long couple months, but in the end it'll be worth it. Assuming the truck will be gone by then, I should be able to place an order after the turn around (mid July) and even have money to buy a transaxle and possibly a LS3. Starting to get excited!!

It appears SLC uses 60mm high beam and 90mm low beams. I believe I used the low beam version of the SLC high beams on the WS6 and output is great although the step is huge on them. I'm now wondering if I can find some replacement sealed bi-xenon Hella projectors and run quad low/high.

Last edited:
Your search is over. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-009998021-Bi-Halogen-Headlamp-Module/dp/B0030YWKYW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1461986237&sr=8-4&keywords=hella+bi-xenon"]Amazon.com: HELLA 009998021 12V/65W 90mm Bi-Halogen High/Low Beam Headlamp Module: Automotive[/ame]

Buy bi-xenon bulbs and ballasts. done.

Figured I'd bump my first thread. Sold the Raptor yesterday which is a HUGE step closer to my dream since that money went directly in my SLC savings. My timeline got a big bump due to this, as of now I'm planning on placing my order before the end of the year and hopefully take delivery in the spring. :)

I do plan to visit the factory, but not sure if it's best to do it when I place the order to make sure I order everything perfectly.... or just when I pick up the car? I'd preferably like to only make 1 trip, but could use some thoughts on it.

Thanks!

It's official now, my order has been placed and deposit accepted early this week. Now just gotta wait till it's ready to come my way and I can get started on it. Kind of nervous about the whole adventure, but I've been dreaming (and saving) for this for past decade...

It's a bit anticlimactic isn't it? Sit tight, the waiting can be difficult!

You're not kidding! I thought it'd been more exciting, but guess dropping that kind of cash and nothin yet to show for it is the reason, lol. L It's going to be a LONG 16+ weeks, but least it's cold now and no desire to be in the shop. :)

Thanks guys! Best I can tell I'll be the first SLC in Louisiana and hopefully will be first built here too!

Just got word my SLC will be picked up tomorrow and will get to see my first SLC in person Saturday. :) Getting that call from Stewart Transport made my day for sure!

Back