Is it REAL?

Mark,

Good to hear from you on the forum. You've had your GT40 on the road several years now. How many miles is on it?

Have fun!

John

Hey John, I'm not sure about the miles because my car's speedo was in KM/H the first few years and was not calibrated well. I've changed it to a MPH one but it is not calibrated either. I drive it to work since the lot is secure and as much as I can otherwise. When you can, update us on your Pantera frame GT project in the builder's forum.

My reply (when the time comes) will simply be a polite
"No, it's a handbuilt replica." Of course, I might be
tempted to throw in "What? Do you think I'd be driving
a $400K piece of art around on these roads? Do I look like
Jim Glickenhaus to you or something?"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif No offense Jim!

I liked Hersh's reply to the stooge at the Good Guys
show:

Hersh's Golden Reply

Ian

I suspect in a lot of cases it is because people actually want to start a conversation with the owner and this is the first thing they think of. Maybe we should cut them some slack until the smart arses can be culled from the genuinely interested. Regards

Don't have a '40, but the cobra draws a lot of attention. That was rather hard to get used to, but unless they are obvious jerks, I have learned to loosen up and tell them all about the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh Yeah! It's REAL fun!

That's my reply when drivin my Cobra.I'm sure it will not change when I'm finished my GT40.

Back