Is this the correct CVF serpentine kit?

I am getting ready to order a stroked 302 engine from Prestige and have been searching for the correct serpentine system to let them know to order. Is this the correct kit? The car is a RCR gt40 MKI

I just had a motor quoted done last week for a similar motor. I mentioned that i needed a front system and they quoted me $2750 for their "custom GT40 Pulley Kit". There was no part number given.

Can’t Doug at Prestige confirm whether or not that this Serpentine Kit is compatible with the RCR cars? I would think that he has supplied motors for these kits before.

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Pat, I know for a fact that Prestige's serpentine system won't fit in an un-modified RCR chassis. I had to return mine and order the 'v-belt' system from CVF. Not sure if CVF's 'serpentine' will fit, but you may have issues with the alternator & A/C compressor being mounted that high. The slant of the firewall leaves very little room up top. Pretty tight fit down low too, but there is room.

Can’t Doug at Prestige confirm whether or not that this Serpentine Kit is compatible with the RCR cars? I would think that he has supplied motors for these kits before.

I’ve been working with Jason from PM buthe says they aren’t sure what fits. He was hoping I could find the correct part numbers so they could keep it on record.

Right now I’ll take any kit that fits. Does anyone know a system that works? I’ll keep digging through the archives.

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Call CVF. Nice stuff. Good guys. Very easy to work with. Not sure about a 'serpentine', but they will ask some specific questions about your engine and then set you up with part #s for the proper alternator bracket and all the pulleys & spacers you will need for a 'v-belt' system. I'm very happy with how mine turned out. Having said that, the thing they don't have is an A/C compressor mounting bracket that will put it down low opposite from the alternator. However, with some minor modification, I was able to use the a bracket supplied by RCR. The attached photo shows my system, except that I later switched my wtr pmp pulley to a single groove to minimize the bump-out in the firewall panel.
HTH, Rod

Attachments

• FEAD3.jpg
    FEAD3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 85
Call CVF. Nice stuff. Good guys. Very easy to work with. Not sure about a 'serpentine', but they will ask some specific questions about your engine and then set you up with part #s for the proper alternator bracket and all the pulleys & spacers you will need for a 'v-belt' system. I'm very happy with how mine turned out. Having said that, the thing they don't have is an A/C compressor mounting bracket that will put it down low opposite from the alternator. However, with some minor modification, I was able to use the a bracket supplied by RCR. The attached photo shows my system, except that I later switched my wtr pmp pulley to a single groove to minimize the bump-out in the firewall panel.
HTH, Rod

does the ac compressor line up with the single pulley or did you need add spacers to bring the rest out?

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Double pulley on the C/S. One groove triangulates the single wtr pmp & alt pulleys. The other groove is a single run C/S to the compressor. I've seen some builders doing it this way, but I think some others have taken exception to this and do the double pulley on the wtr pmr and then also triangulate to the compressor. Also, very minor adjustment here & there to get it all perfectly lined up.

Double pulley on the C/S. One groove triangulates the single wtr pmp & alt pulleys. The other groove is a single run C/S to the compressor. I've seen some builders doing it this way, but I think some others have taken exception to this and do the double pulley on the wtr pmr and then also triangulate to the compressor. Also, very minor adjustment here & there to get it all perfectly lined up.

Do you have a parts list I could use from CVF?

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Hi Pat, I have an invoice from CVF for the parts that I originally ordered for what I thought was the correct set-up for my engine. A lot of the items were wrong. That's when I called them (which I should have done in the first place and encourage you to do the same), returned the incorrect items and ordered the proper ones. Then afterwards, I swapped out the 2 groove wtr pmp pulley for a single one. Unfortunately, I know the parts I originally ordered and the ones I sent back, however I can't seem to locate an invoice for the proper replacement parts they sent. Here's what I know I currently have on the car: 302-ALTBRKT-D, ALTFAN, SBFS1WP-FR. You will need a C/S Pulley & Spacer, and then come up with an A/C Brkt (RCR?). Also, you may have to try different length belts, but here are the ones I ended up with to get you close: Gates 7320 & 7370.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I'm sure that Prestige has installed a serpentine system for other RCR owners. I do know that the one most commonly used on Superformance cars won't fit. Shouldn't Fran at RCR also be able to recommend the right system?

I'm sure that Prestige has installed a serpentine system for other RCR owners. I do know that the one most commonly used on Superformance cars won't fit. Shouldn't Fran at RCR also be able to recommend the right system?

I’ve tried calling and emailing Fran but haven’t gotten any response. I’ll keep trying him and try to catch him when he’s in.

Back