Isle of Man 2006

Just back from supporting the Isle-of-Man event, so well done to those who competed:

Roy and Ray in the GTD Spyder, Bjorn and Martin in Bjorn's GTD and to Nadine in her mighty Supercharged Dodge Viper.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Both Nadine and Bjorn never having competed in either a 'Hill Climb' or 'Pursuit Sprint' before both did exceptionally well.

And finally (after 2 years away) a NEW holder of the C.O.H BAINES Cup for the fastest GTD40 up Lhergy Frissell, all to be revealed in next club mag.

A few pics to whet your appetite.

Attachments

• 80420-6select700x2800.JPG
    80420-6select700x2800.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 485
Iom 2006

Hi Graham

Full write up of events on the Island will be in the Summer Club Mag due out the end of June...

We did'nt have a massive turnout this year but people did have MASSIVE FUN! - the Isle of Man is simply a magic place. Where else can you drive at 140/150MPH on a public road (that is not just a straight motorway) and NOT get nicked! - simply Magic....

Once you get your 40 up and running, be sure to come out to play on the hills and circuits. We have a great time competing and rarely do people have 'incidents' - we are a friendly but competetive bunch and you'll usually find that if you do have a problem, there are numerous people around offering help, advice and support.

As a bonus, most people find that the competition scene also improves their overall driving standards and therefore experience as a by-product...

Iom

Paul,

Many thanks for the invite!!

What a place the IOM is. An atmosphere all of it's own (and weather!). I have not been there since my late father raced there in the 60's and with the Norton Team in the early 70's.
Having seen some in car footage recently of the hillclimb stages I am chomping at the bit, can't wait. I reckon the build will take two years then for some racing instruction at Thruxton before I hit the hills! I have driven GT's but not at any speed - YET! If you have any basic hints for driving a GT please let me know, I am all eyes and ears!
Pick up the chassis next weekend from Mick Sollis. I enjoy the fabrication side almost as much as the driving aspect, lucky really.

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Graham

A group of us are at Silverstone on 21st June. Why not see if you can come up and join us. 4 guys who have driven IoM will be there.

Dad.

Yes, Peter Graham Inchley. He did rather well on the Island in 1966 when he finished 3rd behind Mike Hailwood and Stuart Graham on the works Hondas. My Dad was on his self developed AJS single cylinder 250!!!! Infact I think his lap record for a British rider on an all British 250 still stands at 91 mph. I've got his Replica Trophy at home, very treasured it is too.
Hence why I should love to race there myself one day. For those that are interested Dads ashes are just to the left of pole position (0) at Thruxton. I did a few laps on my bike with his ashes because he did rather a lot of work developing Bikes and Karts there through his career. Brilliant engineer he was and damn quick on a bike too. I could hear him saying as I went through the complex - "Is that the best you can do"?
Part of being able to get started with the GT Project was to sell my Bike and as those bikers out there will understand was a difficult move to make! Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Silverstone 21/06

Thank you for the invite Malcolm but I am doing a course 21st and 22nd that can not be rescheduled, DAMN! Please keep me posted of any other dates of this nature. Much appreciated.

Back