Just bought an original MkII GT

Battery cutoff switch replaces radio antenna.

Attachments

• 72298-batswitch.jpg
    72298-batswitch.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 426
These cars came with no fuses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamed.gif I added a fuse block for safety & a relay so that the only current that passes through the ignition switch in the ON position is the power to the relay. Headlights and starter solenoid remain unfused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This is mounted on the firewall in the passenger footwell. I need to make a cover for it so it doesn't get kicked.

Attachments

• 72299-fuseblock.jpg
    72299-fuseblock.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 444
Goodridge braided brake pipes. I got these from Burton Power in the UK. They are DOT approved.

Attachments

• 72300-goodridge.jpg
    72300-goodridge.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 433
Hi Steve, If that is a 67 model its one of the more sought after(non-x/flow).Seems odd to have the tandem master cyl for brakes,USspec or retro fit maybe? Used to run one with 302 Boss/toploader/9" in circuit racing over here 30yrs ago. Can give you a list of parts and info reqd to make around 1850/1925cc if your game. Regards Jack.

Tandem Master Cylinder is a US spec thing. All 1967 model year cars had to have 'em.

I saw a '68 with a 302 in it. Couldn't buy it because it wouldn't be smog legal here. The '67 is smog-exempt, but I'm trying to keep it close to original, so it definitely won't be getting a 302.

In the shop for body work & paint. Maybe someday it will be back on the road...

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 389
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 383
Meanwhile, I'm busy back in my shop...

Wheel centers. These still need a bit of finishing and polishing

Attachments

• centers.jpg
    centers.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 320
Motolita steering wheel (Hey, if Clark Gable could replace the steering wheel in his 300SL with a Nardi, I can put a Motolita in a Cortina :p)

It might be hard to make out all the pieces here. There's a chunk of raw aluminum there that I'm going to machine to hold the original emblem (sitting on top, and needing a bit of restoration itself). This will replace the supplied ring (not shown) which may be the correct size for a Motolita horn button, but the hole it has is too big for this emblem...

Attachments

• motolita.jpg
    motolita.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 341
Back