KVA for sale

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I don't know it yet, but it'll be on it's way to Reno, just as soon as I can arrange payment & shipping! I'll no longer be just a lurker here!

Hopefully, it's gonna be a long and fruitful relationship.

:pepper:

Julian

Pantera #9178 '81 GT5
Pantera #7024 '74L
MGB '75 50th Anniv. Roadster

Last edited:

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations again Julian!

Looks like a great car for the money and sure to be a perfect companion for all those "other" mid-engined Ford-powered cars of yours. :)

Welcome to GT40 ownership! :pepper:

Julian! With two Panteras AND a GT40 replica in the garage, how will you possibly be able to decide what to drive on any given day?

Well done mate!

What of your proposed move from Reno to Canada? Is that still on the cards? And how easy/hard will it be to bring the GT40 with you and register it there?

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,

Thanks for the words of support, the problem will be not so much choosing what to drive but where to park, space in my 3 car garage with 6 vehicles is at a premium, time for a four poster lift (from a parking and ease of maintenance access perspective!). The deal was for Christmas I got the wife a new Wrangler on the basis she now still has a 4x4 plus a convertible all in one, so the MGB (which is now finally near completion of a one year restoration) can go. I think I've achieved more on the MGB since Christmas than the rest of that year, funny what motivates you to get something finished :D

Ah the saga of the move....Mid October the Canadian company was taken over by Marathon Oil (a US company) and just before Christmas based on estimates of relocating and cost of doing Technical Research in Calgary they made a complete 180 (or is that a 360?) on the move and opted to leave us in Reno for at least 2 more years..

My GT40 buying plans had been on hold waiting on the move and cross border issues. That ultimately played into the decision to go for this particular car as it was first registered in '95 and will be 15 yrs old by the time I might have to move cross border and hence fully admissable.

Previously I went down to the local Dynamic Motorsports here in town and was very tempted to put a deposit down on an SPF GT40 as I really wanted a Heritage wide body, but the 5 month wait coupled with the thought of having to sell it in a couple years, swayed me to an older build.

Now the decision as to which car to drive down for the POCA Fun rally in Vegas (and track) in May will be a much tougher one......

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Rick,

The listing said 'Porsche 5 speed Transaxle completely rebuilt with hardened Race Gears' and reading the Kit car article it refers to a 914 Porsche. I have to say I don't know enough about Porsche transaxles to tell whether that is good or bad, but in the event it is bad I have a spare ZF I can drop in.

Hi Julian,

What a nice GT40 you bought, at a very low price.

I'm watching bargain on GT40 since 2-3 years and never found the right deal at the right time. When I bought a Benz SL500AMG, I saw low price turnkey, when I finally sold the AMG, I only found partial kit at 30K and over !

I saw a KVA (The red one) sold for 48K on E-Bay.

You save a lot.

Few months ago, I decided to buy a bigger house, with a nice garage. I also bought a used Pro Tour truck NASCAR car (close to Craftman).

If you don't want this GT40, let me know, I will sold race truck and enclosed trailer !

What a nice car, I hope to find something else for me with a right timing .

Congratulation buddy !

Julian, I was the #2 bidder on that auction! Would have been my first. Guess the search goes on. You know, if you sell me one of those Pantera's it might help your garage situation...

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Rick,

For a while there it seemed as though it wouldn't even meet reserve, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. For me this car was especially attractive as I likely have to move back to Canada in a couple years and kit cars are generally inadmissable, except if more than 15 yrs old.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll find your '40 soon.

Hi again Julian,

I'm canadian and work a little bit with Don's of DDCobra, maybe we will be able to find a way to import the GT40 in Canada.

I hope that the rule of 15 years old will not change to 25 years old (as government speak of).

They want to change rules because a lots of Japenese Sport Cars with LHD are coming in from British Columbia at very low price.... like 15K for a 500hp AWD Skyline GT-R32 !

Congratulation again

Mr. Gilbert

Devin

Supporter
Well done! I too would have bid on such a great deal but this is terrible timing for me right now.

I'm trying to get my Shelby Mustang conv. replica in one piece before I head overseas for the next year and the wife would have divorced me for sure if that would have been in the garage for the next year while I'm gone :(

As life in the military has shown me...its all about the timing. Oh well, I know my timing will be better down the road. Who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery and have a couple in the garage next year :)

I'm glad it went to a good home though and looks like you'll be having a ball with it.!

Back