Late Intro and Some Fun News….

Kim Haun

Supporter
My name is Kim Haun. I live in Los Angeles and as an amateur mechanic and fabricator I have been restoring and building replicas as a hobby for the last 10 years or so. I’ve rebuilt a couple of Shelby Cobras and my last build was an RCR GT40. I’ve utilized the talents and experience of the contributors on this form during the build. I’ve felt remiss in not doing a formal introduction here at the beginning of my build, but maybe I’ll be forgiven doing one now at the end. Many thanks to all that helped me along the way, it was a fun and challenging experience and I couldn’t have done it without your help. So thank you very much!

I was at a cars and coffee in Malibu last January and met Jay Leno and he was interested in telling the story of the build of my GT40. He and his crew came to my house last February and shot a segment for his show, Jay Leno‘s Garage. It will air next week on Wednesday, October 12 at 7 PM on CNBC. While filming, I gave a shout out to Fran at RCR and also to those that helped on the GT40.com forum. I’m not sure if it will make the cut, but please know that I have appreciated all your help. Thanks again!

7C0F2EAE-F321-403E-A1A4-779458DD8F67.jpeg
96E4059C-CE5B-4165-9DA3-C4AD0CFC5C58.jpeg
B224ED19-B88F-4D74-B6FC-E9844D3A0AAE.jpeg
2DB191CA-5F06-4D96-855F-0F139EDF60C2.jpeg
4573F897-AD40-40B5-A4F4-6CD192C97BAB.jpeg
073721AF-11DF-4A2C-8A13-0D0FC450AECC.jpeg

Neil

Supporter
Very nice, Kim. I had a Porsche 911 that color... but I won't tell that story right now.

Jay Leno is the real deal. I've been to his Big Dog garage a couple of times and he gave us a very nice tour of his shop after we sat in his Tonight Show audience and watched him tape his show. Leno is actually funnier when he's off-camera.

Wow very impressive...
How cool is that.
Also would have never guessed that those wheels would work so well with that green looks nice...

Kim Haun

Supporter
Wow very impressive...
How cool is that.
Also would have never guessed that those wheels would work so well with that green looks nice...
The wheels were a happy accident. When I got the kit the wheels were already orange and I was going to do the typical baby blue and orange Gulf colors. But I’ve seen so many replicas in that livery, I wanted to do something more unique. When I decided on the green my plan was to go with a very dark gray for the wheels. After painting the car, I put the orange wheels on just to have a look and kinda liked it and I got good reactions from people so I left them alone…

That's cool yea there are quite of few with that paint scheme...
Nice to be different worked out really well..

Have seen a Mk1 that was dark blue with almost fluorescent green stripes looked better then I expected..

Gorgeous cars for sure..

My name is Kim Haun. I live in Los Angeles and as an amateur mechanic and fabricator I have been restoring and building replicas as a hobby for the last 10 years or so. I’ve rebuilt a couple of Shelby Cobras and my last build was an RCR GT40. I’ve utilized the talents and experience of the contributors on this form during the build. I’ve felt remiss in not doing a formal introduction here at the beginning of my build, but maybe I’ll be forgiven doing one now at the end. Many thanks to all that helped me along the way, it was a fun and challenging experience and I couldn’t have done it without your help. So thank you very much!

I was at a cars and coffee in Malibu last January and met Jay Leno and he was interested in telling the story of the build of my GT40. He and his crew came to my house last February and shot a segment for his show, Jay Leno‘s Garage. It will air next week on Wednesday, October 12 at 7 PM on CNBC. While filming, I gave a shout out to Fran at RCR and also to those that helped on the GT40.com forum. I’m not sure if it will make the cut, but please know that I have appreciated all your help. Thanks again!

View attachment 124912View attachment 124913View attachment 124914View attachment 124915View attachment 124916View attachment 124917
Enjoyed watching the episode on Lenos Garage good job!

Back