LED BULBS FOR REAR LIGHT

I HAVE A 3 BULB TAIL LIGHT ... WHAT LUMAN BULB SHOLD I USE FOR TAIL LIGHT ? TURN SIGNAL LIGHT ? STOP LIGHT ?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Last edited:
BILL AN 1156 IS 400 LUMANS THE TAIL LIGHT BULB IS A RING R10W IT IS 125 LUMANS .
TURN AND BRAKE ARE RING P21W .. CANT SEEM TO FIND LUMANS SPEC FOR THIS BULB, MIGHT BE THE SAME AC AN 1156

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Perhaps this will help

regarding the off road use only, that is a U.K. law which says you can only replace like with like so or originally incandescent it has to remain that way. But who would ever check / know?

Ian

I just ordered some of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6Y8TMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
They are nice and bright! I ordered them to replace LED bulbs that I had already put in thinking there might have been an issue with the LEDs. However, it turned out to be the flasher unit. You are right that the factory bulbs are waaaaay to dim. These should sort that. I have gotten, red and amber to make sure the color still looks good, as opposed to white and relying on the lens for the color.

Karl,
they are what I am looking at. They are 1400 Lumans. I was thinking of using 800 Lumans for the tail light and 1400 Lyman’s for the brake light. That way the brake light will be brighter than the tail light. I might use the strobe led for the brake light . Did you have to use a led flasher?

Neil

Supporter
Karl,
they are what I am looking at. They are 1400 Lumans. I was thinking of using 800 Lumans for the tail light and 1400 Lyman’s for the brake light. That way the brake light will be brighter than the tail light. I might use the strobe led for the brake light . Did you have to use a led flasher?
Check your local regulations. Some states outlaw flashing lights except for emergency vehicles. I guess amber emergency flashers and turn signals are somehow exempt.

Walt stop being cheap. Buy a bunch of bulbs, put them in, energize the bulbs, pour two glasses of wine for you and the significant other, turn out the lights and make it a party!

Back