LED REVERSE LIGHTS

Kim Haun

Supporter
Hello again! I was wondering what to use for reverse lights on my RCR GT40 build. Has anyone sourced any high output LED reverse lights for their GT40? Something round and would look like they belonged. Did any of the GT40's come with reverse lights? I'd love to see photos of what anyone has used. My other thought was to hide them back in the rear clip a bit so they weren't noticeable and the light would emit thru the rear vents. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks!

Kim

I BOUGHT MINE FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY.. THEY ARE VERY BRIGHT

1534185019274.jpeg

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
That's a lot of light, Walt. I just figure that people can hear me when I'm backing up. If they can't, they need to get to an audiologist quickly.

Kim Haun

Supporter
Thanks for the reply and photos. Good idea putting it under the car. My RCR doesn't have that type of underside to allow me to do that. Has anyone used smaller round LEDs mounted under the tail lights?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I have seen someone use some ultrabright LED bolt lights to hold the aluminium spoiler in place on the rear of his car - they were certainly noticeable when he selected reverse to get out the parking.

Ian

Kim Haun

Supporter
I have seen someone use some ultrabright LED bolt lights to hold the aluminium spoiler in place on the rear of his car - they were certainly noticeable when he selected reverse to get out the parking.

Ian
I like that idea...I do plan to make an aluminum spoiler but I would need beveled bolt heads. I'll do a search and see what's available. Any other ideas out there?

Back