Lola built on Chris Ardern chassis

My son showed me how to post pictures. The car is ready to start.Fuel oil and coolant on board.I spent the last two days fitting the headlight covers. Both front and rear clams are ready to hinge up.I made the front so it can tilt up.Took a long time to find an ac evap that would fit up in the footwell. Its an MGB.
The only fitting left are the doors.Im using original mk3b hinges and latches.The windshield has been fitted and will be the last part to go on.It just a lot easier to reach through than reach around.
 
Its now running.Engine fired on the first pop.Its really nice when you get it right the first time. I still have to mount the clam shells ,doors and install windshield. That will be the last thing I do. Im sure it will be going for a short ride with just the center section soon. The temptation will be too much for me to wait.
 
Top