Lola T-70 replica

Sorry...IMHO not the most popular (attractive) Chaparral.
The winged cars were prettier, more succesful, and more
popular with the press and public.

Several companies have made models/slotcars out of them,
but I doubt a replica of any Chaparral will be offered.
Development costs are just too high vs number
of potential sales. Heck the MK IV would seem to be
a natural...but that doesn't look like it's going
to be replicated by any manufacturer any time soon.

MikeD

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Deerek Bell is associated with MDA and as previously stated earlier in the thread they have a car coming to Va. after Christmas...look forward to seeing it in the flesh......

Thanks Fran...Sorry I must have missed that part of the thread...I just did a quick scan for the url /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MikeDD, you sparked a memory I have of a Lola T70 that ran in the SCCA New England region with a "HEMI" in it. I saw the car at Thompsom CT. smoke the tires everytime he got on it. That was 1963..'64 if I remember right. I wonder what ever happened to that car and where is it now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Bill !!!!!
Reading your post about the Hemi, also sparked a memory. How about a Pantera with a 526 cu.in. Hemi in it, and weighing in less than the original with the 351 engine. You can find alot of usefull information on this fellows website. Go here, Hemi Pantera and then to the bottom to read about his build. There is some very good information about chassis and suspension build up. There are not a lot of Lola T70's around, but I for one would love to see one with a Hemi in it. Perhaps, if Mark3B does indeed, follow through with his idea of replicating the Lola T70, maybe someone will do the Hemi idea to one.
Sorry, I have to go, I'm drooling all over the keyboard, just thinking about a Hemi T70. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
HAPPY NEW YEAR to ONE and ALL !!!!!
Regards Brian

If Mark3b can solve the same old problems with building a mid-engine car, he might have a great idea. I would guess that the windshield would be the bggest stumbling block. The wheels, radiator, and trans are just a few more little things that would have to be sortted out. Who knows??? It might happen??? Maybe "Meat" might build one. ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, has brought up an interesting subject. Does anyone have a source for windshields for a LOLA T70 Mark3B. At one time, there was some discussion on the forum about having windshields made. I haven't located that link yet in the FAQ. So, I guess my question is : Is there any supplier out there, that will make windshields in quanities of 10 or so ???
Regards Brian

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Brian,
Mac Maclendon in Florida has a mould for the windshields.
He also has a few "laying around",
He may be your best source in the USA ,there is also Derek Bell in England that has a mould,I know his are around 500 pounds($900approx) plus shipping.

Back