LOLA T70 scratch build...

I hope so but she´ll only put her gloves on after I quit smoking my cigars at work...and I´m afraid this is another battle she´ll win after I wasn´t permitted to put my DUCATI into the drawing room :tongue2:

On a brighter note, recently she spent half the night in the cold garage assembling my new tool trolley just to present it to me on my birthday the following morning...

Any new pics of you phenominal project? I'm a picture junky & love to look at in progress pics. Just wish I had the tallent, place & tools to do what you're doing. I love the T70.

A set of fresh magnesium uprights miraculously ended up in my workshop:

Attachments

• Front_Uprights1.jpg
    Front_Uprights1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 799
  • Front_Uprights2.jpg
    Front_Uprights2.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 519
  • Rear_Uprights1.jpg
    Rear_Uprights1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 558
  • Rear_Uprights2.jpg
    Rear_Uprights2.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 674
Merci beaucoup, Michel.

The whole rest of the suspension (control arms, springs, dampers, anti-roll bars) will hopefully be arriving in the next 1-2 weeks...

Best,

Marcus

Ian,

Dave is right on the money...

For the moment I prefer having some cups of Glühwein instead of resuming my chassis build as I´m currently stuck with the rear shock towers.

Meanwhile I´ve fabricated the 3rd pair and still can´t get them right,
see pics:

Attachments

• Shock_Towers1.jpg
    Shock_Towers1.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 828
  • Shock_Towers2.jpg
    Shock_Towers2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:
Hi Olivier,

if you look closely at the 2nd pic, you see the red markings where the bending doesn´t align well.

Best,

Marcus

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Marcus,

As per usual, the quality of your build is just awesome. I can't wait to see the finished car. Have you acquired your body panels yet ?

Regards Brian

Hello Marcus
Why did you have so many issues to get the right bend ??
Specially if it is your 3rd tempt ?
I was watching those red marks and can't really understand where is your problem ?
once one set is wrong you are not able to calculate how much you have to correct ?
Am I missing something ? am very interested to know what is happening ??
your built is so great and so hight quality !!!!
And those superb uprights are waiting for some place to be fit LOLLLLLLLLLLL:thumbsup:

Hi Brian,

thank you as always for your kind words.

Cockpit section and doors/sidepods are on this years shopping list.

Best,

Marcus

Hello Marcus
Why did you have so many issues to get the right bend ??
Specially if it is your 3rd tempt ?
I was watching those red marks and can't really understand where is your problem ?
once one set is wrong you are not able to calculate how much you have to correct ?
Am I missing something ? am very interested to know what is happening ??
your built is so great and so hight quality !!!!
And those superb uprights are waiting for some place to be fit LOLLLLLLLLLLL:thumbsup:

Ahoy Michel,

trouble is that you can´t bend these parts on a normal bending machine, because of the tight bend angle and the very limited space within that part you need a bending press which usually has no bend angle gauge. Also, I find it difficult to estimate the amount of over-bending for compensating the steel´s resilience.

Any idea is highly appreciated :idea:

Cheers,

Marcus

OK
but if you bend those just alittle more "open" than necessary and then tryfit and again bend just a fraction and tryfit etc etc ???
Eventually doing a small sort of wood bender with your bench ?

Parts seems not to be so tricky to be bent on small steps ?
it's hard to help with ideas being far from the work but doing somme angle templates it can be probably easier to catch the right angle

Edit ; watching more to your pics ... this is a work bending you must do very close to the bending machine so you can bend with many "steps" so you will understand how much you need and also in doing few by few you minimise the fact the material have some "resilience"

Last edited:
Back