Lola T70s...

Re: Jo Bonnier\'s T70 MKIIIB

rear suspension,
I took more pics, but to place them here via 33k connection is quite painful...

Dom

Attachments

• 44867-rearsus.jpg
    44867-rearsus.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 783
Re: Jo Bonnier\'s T70 MKIIIB

rear suspension of the Johannesburg car

Attachments

• 44868-rearupright.jpg
    44868-rearupright.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 738
Re: Nigel Hulme\'s Lola T70gt

Still intrested in Marauder

Sending herby pictures of my car with is 1 of 4 Maraudercars that was built with orginal McLaren chassie and a body from Specialized Mouldings / England. Info.from Randy Berry at Marauder.

It took me 12 yers to identify origin of the car. I have a 12 side-prospect during the racing aria of Marauder.

Read more about the car on http://hem.passagen.se/hanshallberg/anown/monocoque/index_3.html

todays%20status%202.jpg

todays%20status.jpg

image4.jpg
monocoque%20origonal%20from%20under.jpg

In a prospect Randy from Marauder wrote

"ATTENTION VINTAGE CAR RACERS: Marauder and company will be building a limit of M6GT'S for Vintage Car Rasing. Tubs will be built by McLaren-Racing in England. Incuire to Marauder car direct."

"Marauder McLaren MK VI GT: Marauder and Company has an agreement with Specialized Mouldings Ltd., in England witch is the body supplier for McLaren Racing, to supplius with McLarenbodies that comefrom the original molds".

I have lots of picture during restaration I have done on my car and even some more pictures of original Marauder Lola car's from Marauder Potomac.

Attachments

• 46578-Assembled_6.jpg
    46578-Assembled_6.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 861

Keith

Hi guys. Can someone please explain the significance of the rear axle/suspension arrangement shown on the photo of the No 7 car which I believe someone referred to as a "swing axle" over the more traditional 'A' arm suspended variety? What are the advantages/disadvantages in such an arrangement?n (Apart from it's lack of adjustment presumably) Have any GT40's been similarly equipped? Thanks in advance

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone here know this car?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I knew I had a slide of this somewhere. Watkins Glen, July 1968, Jo Bonnier at the wheel.

Bonnier768-vi.jpg

Jim

Hi All

Time to resurect this thread I think... If anyone was wondering what happened to this car, it's in my garage :)
origno7.jpg

So looks like I have you lot to blame for getting myself into this :p:
Just started a Build Diary about the car if you's are interested, and will do my best to update as often as possible. It's gonna be a quick build (I hope...)

Guys,

This brought up a question. When Carl Haas had is operation in Highland Park Illinois, he had a T70 coupe. Does anyone know what happened to this car?

Best
Dom

mark

if im not mistaken the car was sold by george ferrera to colin frost in conjuction with peter Bailey from bailey edwards cars the car is currently being assembled by Peter. The Car was sold with Two Hewland boxes which Peter is planing to use in other projects. I believe peter is putting back the ZF box it came with. As the two hewlands do not fit as it pushes the engine to close to the bulkhead. Also the chassis was changed by george because the orginal chassis was bent when it was smashed at killarney by one of the de touit.

Now the bent maurader chassis i belive has being straightend by and is being rebuilt again by peter i believe this is the car you talking about

Hi BrandySour
Quite correct that the car was sold by George Ferrera to Peter Bailey... It was one of two replicas that George had (I think) and had intended to rebuild.
The one that I have (ex Peter Du Toit, Ben van der Westhuizen etc..) was used to take moulds and these panels are being used to build yet another T70 replica using a Bailey Edwards modified GT40 chassis.

Peter hasn't done anything with mine. The intention was for them to rebuild it at some stage, but it's been sitting in the corner of the workshop looking rather sorry for itself for a while, and I bought it.

Updating my build diary, so you can read about the chassis and other details there...

Seems you know a fair amount about the car, I'd appreciate any other information you can share.

Cheers - Mark

Back