Longleat Hill Climb - Tomorrow 22nd Sep...

Hi all -

Just a quick heads-up before we set off to centreparcs / Longleat Hill climb.

The club has it's own class, the entry published is as follows:

CARS OF THE GTD40 OWNERS CLUB​
86 Nadine Geary (Bath) Dodge Viper GTS 8000 (Supercharged)
87 Bjorn Arnils (Bath) Dodge Viper GTS 8000 (Supercharged)
88 Julian Bailey-Watts (Chippenham) GTD 40 5700
89 Andrew Fordyce (Medstead ) Jaguar E-Type FHC 3800
90 Roy Smart (Marden) GTD GT40 5000
790 Ray Christopher (Poole) GTD GT40 5700
91 Paul Thompson (Liphook) GTD GT40 Mk I 5000​
791 Roy Wing (Poole) GTD GT40 5700

Martin (Gough)- I don't see you listed???? - are you coming down? I'l bring the COH Baines Trophy along to present for your 'fastest run up Lherghy Frissel by a GT40' earlier this year:)

Will try to post an update during the event...

Any 'pre-event' bets/predictions????

Malcolm

Supporter
Hmmm, I think your experience will give you a great boost here Paul, IF the car works well. JBW hasn't been here before? But his Brighton time says the car should be good here. Nadine is Nadine so she could also do well for a non 40 bet. :)

I know Martin Gough won't be there as he is out tonight with a lady he met on the internet.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Martin definitely won't be there but not because of the ladies but because he does not have a car on the road now as he has sold his red car to me. I am now on his case to get the Southern GT No8 up and running asap (currently being panelled up). We join you all soon.
Cheers
Mike Pass

Mike Pass

Supporter
PS Apparently John Bate's car is now producing a lot more power after a session on the rollers at Ric Wood's. Apparently he found some bits of John's tartan underpants jammed in the intakes. I wonder how that could have happened????
Cheers
Mike

Well - I'm back from Longleat and now have my home broadband connection, so a few piccy's from the days fun....

Weather was warm'ish and fortunately dry, although it did look a bit 'grim' around lunchtime..

I've attached a copy of the official results but needless to say, we all had a good fun day!

Roy's car was running well, but a recurring gear selection problem hampered our effectiveness somewhat, with both of us having issues selecting 2nd gear again when on the move.... doh!!

Ray Christopher / Roy Wing had a trouble free day I think, having resolved the gear linkage failure they suffered at Brighton by fitment of uprated ball joints to the selection mechanism. Pipped in the end by power....

Andrew was there with his beautiful E-Type, as ever immaculately prepared and really looking and sounding awesome.... almost TOO nice to race.... but hell, Andrew knows just what it needs, 'a jolly good thrashing', albeit smypathetically...

Newcomer Julian Bailey-Watts was marking his territory by beating Bjorn's Supercharged Viper GTS by 100th of a second... which goes to show how well he did considering the Viper has some 700BHP...:eek: Seriously though, the conversion has only just been completed to requires a little more dialling in, but an awesome peice of kit it is no doubt!! (I'll have a try of it when the weather is a bit better Bjorn...;))

Nads took 1st place though with a blistering 41s run, flippin quick considering the size of the Viper and a testament to her determination to 'have a go' and lets not forget that she does ALL the work on the Vipers herself, from changing wheels, to installing and tuning the supercharger/water injection systems... quite the engineer!

The pics......... and results.....

Attachments

• Longleat 2007 final results.pdf
    145.4 KB · Views: 977
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
With stock options in place at the local high performance tire store, I would also submit the Vipers for the "Baron von Smoke Award!!!"

Just had another look at the results -

Page 5 class E11 and ftd = 31.52 in the 4.0 JUDD powered Gould GR37 - WOW! :eek: a saving of some 10 seconds over our best club times....

Very Scary indeed!!!

As Paul says a great time was had by all, the weather just held fine albeit the surface was a tad slippery in the morning though!

Those Vipers are awesome - and Nadine certainly knows how to handle all that power - wow!

Looks like the Longleat event is moving to July for 2008 - not sure this is so good as there is lots of things going on at this time?

We are off to St Gouerno in france on the weekend for another hill climb - but this time on open pipes - oha!

Will let you know how we get on - perhaps a bigger GT40 entry for 2008?

J.

Nice one Julian - be sure to bring back some photos to post so we can all see what it's about.

I agree with what you say about July - a busy time indeed so fingers crossed that we still get a good turn out.

Back