Look Familiar?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Cool - glad to see it!!!!! :thumbsup:

I hate electric cars. It looks great obviously but 95 miles and probably a 8 hour charge time.

That's only because you've probbly never driven one with the controller set to max amps at zero RPM..... :laugh:

I've an electric conversion motorcycle that will do zero to 60 in under 4 seconds at ~400 amps.. Sure the max distance is impacted driving it like that, but so would you fuel economy in a gas powered vehicle...

Anyone see the article where "Toyota admits that the production of its lightweight Prius requires more energy and emits more carbon dioxide than the production of its gas-only models"
HowStuffWorks "Pollution Caused By Building a Hybrid Car" I said it before and I'll say it again .... Maybe one day but not now !!!!! I also love how it claims HOME GROWN ..... WTF? As if that wasn't a dead giveaway to the sales GIMMICK trying to be employed here. It's really sad.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I won't say that I don't give a crap about the environment, but my interest in E-Power is more from the perspective of performance and just various (aka different) forms of propulsion and power adders..
Heck, I think I could give anyone on this forum a run for their money when it comes down to turning dollars into hydrocarbons... Give that Prius link a rest - It's been debunked for a long time now.
So _ don't think that because I won and build EV conversions that I am some sort of Nazi tree-hugger... It's all about performance and various sciences to me...

Let's talk about compressed air for power! Now that's a heckuva deal right there...

Might as well talk about methane, Nitrogen while we are at it and that article was NEVER DEBUNKED. It caused a whole bunch of grief for the tree huggers out there and when they went back (original article was from an independent firm that compared it to a Suburban) concluded that it was STILL CLOSE as in NO REAL WORLD BENEFIT. This was a different article so as long as it keeps getting investigated and this sham is shown for what it is I can't see how anyone would NOT want to be made aware of it. I will say that the whole issue is similar and carries the same taboo's as the whole Global warming debate.

Oh and as a fresh water fisherman (catch and release) and hunter I do care about the environment but I am not fooled by this tech not one bit. Especially since the modern day diesel engine is on par (if not VERY CLOSE) to any modern day hybrid. Funny how that has not come up. So in short there is no need for this GIMMICK and why ruin a car made to handle with all of that weight. Notice in the add. it gives NO ONE a look at the inside or the propulsion units themselves. They also have not built even one car yet. Everything is proposed this and proposed that. I also love how they give no cred. to RCR (that was addressed by Fran already) but it's their car. Oh and the price is what makes this even more commical. So in short if it smells like a duck well you know the rest! I will say that all of this nonsense (and they are not the first to do this) is a huge compliment to Fran and the SL-C. Just makes me want one all the more.

Last edited:
OH looks like I stirred up a little controversy.:lipsrsealed: I am not even going to chime in on that. My drag racing buddy with a 1600HP Camaro thinks the electric machines are on the march and will over take all the dragsters eventualy (no prediction on when that will be). It is fun to imagine having 100% max torque instantly. Biggest detractor is the lack of internal combustion sound while the rubber is peeling off the tires.

Back