Looking for Weber Rain Tray and Top Plate

Does anyone know where I can buy a rain tray and top deflection plate for a Weber carburetor set-up? I attached a photo of what I'm looking for. I've seen the rain tray on Cobras at car shows. I've only seen the top deflection plate on original GT40s. Is it something I need to fabricate or does someone sell these items. Thanks.

Attachments

• RainTray.jpg
    RainTray.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 456
Hello Randy
You will probably have to fabricate your own "Turkey Pan" as they are affectionately called, due to individual and particular engine and body conditions
Use the Search function and take a look at Lynn Miner 12-25-07 Poor Man's Turkey Pan, John Fitzpatrick 10-12-07 Turkey Pan Configuration, and Larry 04-25-07 Aluminum Pan Around Webers which also shows a plastic plate over the Webers that is used to prevent the upward spitting from Webers that often occurs from hitting the rear window, these are usually made of aluminum sometimes with a center crease and sometimes flat
The Turkey Pan serves 2 functions, one to isolate the carbs from the exhaust manifold heat, and 2nd to isolate the carb intakes from the engine bay hot air and draw from the cool air in the plenum below the rear windows that is fed from the air intakes to the rear of the side windows
ERA makes one that suits their cofiguration but most likely won't work for you, and is expensive
Hope this helps a little
Dennis
After you read the Search results, you'll get a better idea of what is required

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dennis - Precisely as I always understood these components as well. :thumbsup:

Additionally - on a racecar, there is a lot of crap thrown up by the tires that can make it's way into the engine compartment. Webers are not very accommodating to dirt nor are the cylinders...

Back