LS3/480 Tune

If anyone has an LS3/480 tune they think is really good, if your willing and able I would like to compare it to the one I have. I have the HP tuner tools and software and would appreciate anyone sharing if willing.

I'm having a random stall issue that's new, but not sure where its at.

Thanks

I don’t recall, so I will have to confirm that, but I would say I did. Went on a 10 mile drive with many stop and goes. It only stalled one time while pulling into the subdivision. I didn’t stall it myself, rather I was idling to a stop and it just quit. I will take a look at idle RPM with AC on to make sure it’s a bit higher. It started back up immediately, and the HP run file doesn’t show anything odd at the stall point. This has happened to a number of LS3 builders and a tune fixed it for the majority. My tuner has me looking at a possible ground break, but looks all clear. I use bus bars in lieu of grounding via the frame.

If this is a crate engine ECU.....as I understand it....there are no provisions for an "AC on" signal. Therefore, there is no way for the ECU to anticipate the additional load of the AC compressor when coming to idle and it has no way to compensate to prevent stalling.

I'm on the stock 525 tune and mine will stall alot more frequently when the AC is on and at idle. Kind of embarassing as it looks like you can't drive a stick, lol. One day I'll get a tune to solve this.

Bit the bullet....I’m going to tuning school. I’ve spent enough money to have attended it already anyway. Had to buy the hardware /software for remote tuning so might as well learn how to use it. Don’t expect to be a super tuner, just better understand what the secret seems to be all about and be more self sufficient. Off to school....lol.

Back