lsd or not! and if yes...

That is what we are here for. If I can do anything else just let me know....

Now if you come across any Lamborghini parts....

hahhahahaha

Adrian if you need parts I can find in Italy for you it is a pleasure to help!

About the transaxle in my Gt... I'm thinking to swap the audi for a 930 four speed, so i'm searching for a 930, but it is easyer to find a g50...

Ciao!
R

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Miles stronger than an Audi.

It will take all a 302 can throw at it. Since you say they are so plentiful and cheap where you are, that would be my first choice. Could be worth looking around and paying a little more for one with a LSD, but be warned, a lot of LSD boxes have had the LSD removed! Not difficult to check.

Another question!!!

Can the audi 01e be used instead of my 016 without changing clutch, adapter plate and so on?

I have found a g50/00 with lsd, but I haven't understand what i must do to the gearbox for use it in my gt. Only flip the diff?

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Re: G50

Easier than that!

Just invert the whole trans! You may want to add some oil drain back holes between the g/box and diff sections if required. Do a search there's heaps of information on this site.

I'm currently replacing an Audi 016 5N box with a 1987 930 box. You will have a VERY hard time finding a 1976~1977 "short" 930 for less than $5000.00 but you can shorten the later 930 box 30mm to make it a "short" box. I have just done this to my 1987 box and it was a very easy straight forward operation (you MUST have a milling machine and a lathe) The box you need to search for that can be shortened is from 1986~1988 and will have a "solid" bell housing as in the picture below. The transaxles from 1978 to 1985 cannot be shortened without welding and as far as I'm concerned would not be worth the effort. My 930 has an LSD and after spinning my GT in a corner so fast I have no recollection of it ever happening but the adrenaline rush afterwords I will not drive one hard without LSD. Just one mans experience.

Attachments

• 930.bmp
    137.4 KB · Views: 262
mettiglielo l'autobloccante Crudo. Cambia di brutto.
Telefona a Wanni (utente FOX1), lavora vicino a Bologna e ne sa tantissimo.Da qua lo hanno un po' stroncato perchè ci sono dei suoi concorrenti,sicuro ti può aiutare.

Complimenti per la cav ;)

Ebay.de only brings up some quattro boxes.
eBay: 01E getriebe audi, Auto Motorrad Teile
But it looks like they made this transaxle as far back as 1991 in the Audi 100, at least according to the writeups shown for the service manuals for sale under that search.

2300 Euro for the 4wd box.... not that cheap.
-------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Wow... hit the jackpot here:

Pricing on all Audi 01* variants fwd and ALL. Check it out:
<cite>www.gal-getriebetechnik.de/gal/bilder/Audi.pdf</cite>

Fabrikatorisch Aufbereitung nach GAL - Norm 1.1 Produktlinie AUDI Fahrzeug Bezeichnung Typ Art Preis in Euro Aus u. Einbau Audi Schaltgetriebe
(Models / 5 or 6spd / manualbox / model # variation / tranny cost / re&re cost)
80 , 100 , 200 , A4 , A6 , A8 5.Gang Schaltgetriebe 012 Front 900,00 € 270,00 €
100 , 200 , A4 , A6 , A8 6.Gang Schaltgetriebe 01E Front 1100,00 € 390,00 €
A4 , A6 , A8 6.Gang Schaltgetriebe 01X Front 1300,00 € 390,00 €
A4 , A6 , A8 6.Gang Schaltgetriebe 02A Front 1450,00 € 450,00 €

------------------------
Otherwise you can find tons more by searching on www.ebay.de and www.google.de for "audi a6 a8 schaltgetriebe 6 gang" or something similar. Lots of stuff comes up. They came in the A4's as well and tdi or gasser but no idea on the internal differences.

Last edited:
mettiglielo l'autobloccante Crudo. Cambia di brutto.
Telefona a Wanni (utente FOX1), lavora vicino a Bologna e ne sa tantissimo.Da qua lo hanno un po' stroncato perchè ci sono dei suoi concorrenti,sicuro ti può aiutare.

Complimenti per la cav ;)

ciao Paolo,

Gli ho scritto ma non mi ha risposto!
Hai il numero?
Se sei di milano magari una sera ci facciamo una birra.
Ciao e grazie
R

azz..scusami leggo solo ora il post.
ti scrivo in pm in italiano, se no poi loro sclerano che il forum è americano
Son di Milano (provincia) si può fare eccome una bevutina ;)

Hi crudo, sry I didnt note your answer before.
I write u a PM for this
For a beer I am always there ;)

Back