Manx TT April 2010

Hey!!! you lot out there - am I the only one doing the best event there is?

Yours sincerely, John (potential Champion this time)

Re: Manx Classic May 2010

Hey!!! you lot out there - am I the only one doing the best event there is?

Yours sincerely, John (potential Champion this time)

wish the wife wouldn't mess with my computer when I forget to log off....

Paul

Great shame you can't make it I would have loved to have competed against you. This year should be very interesting with all the changes Martin has made to his car and my all new car. If you can make it Paul please do.

Regards Martin

MWGT40

Supporter
Martin, John

Presumably you are just doing Sloc and Llhergy Frissell or are you going to do Govenors Sprint at night in the dark, with the usual chaos that it entails?

Thanks

Martin

Martin

Both John and I have entered all three events. I really enjoyed the night driving a few years ago. I see your car is nearly finished and looking good.

Martin.

Malcolm

Supporter
For the night event, you guys will be running HID lights? They make an awfully good improvement to visibility.

MWGT40

Supporter
Martin, John

Unfortunately I now have to cancel because of the issues with the volcanic ash cloud. I cannot get a flight out there, and even if I could get there, I might get stranded which would be even worse.

Have a great time!

Martin

Martin keep trying heard that flights MAY resume tomorrow. Well some at least. I need some competition as that Bate bloke is a complete jessy!

Regards Martin.

Martin, John

Unfortunately I now have to cancel because of the issues with the volcanic ash cloud. I cannot get a flight out there, and even if I could get there, I might get stranded which would be even worse.

Have a great time!

Martin

That's a bummer Martin - and the trophy went special delivery to Frank so that's another problem...doh!

well i am very impressed with this event having been over to spectate, its certainly something i hope to take part in next year now having seen how it all works. martin did well in a freshly built car and ran all 3 days without any major issues, i'll post up some clips later in the week once i get them off my phone.
shame there weren't many gt40s there, only martin and his friend but an excellent 3 days spectating.

Had a brilliant time on the Island. All three events were spectacular, well organised and attended. The Governors sprint was interesting with three really tight hairpins to slow things down. The Sloc and Lhergy Frissel were considerably longer in length than previously which were just superb to run up. Apart from a sticky door catch the car performed faultlessly and the weather was brilliant. Need more to attend next year as only myself and John Bate made it in GT40's.

Attachments

• P1060544.jpg
    P1060544.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 322
  • P1060606.jpg
    P1060606.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 324
  • P1060635.jpg
    P1060635.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 317
  • P1060614.jpg
    P1060614.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 332
  • P1060603.jpg
    P1060603.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
The Sloc and Lhergy Frissel were considerably longer in length than previously which were just superb to run up.

Is this a ready made excuse for slower times? :) Those of us who have been before will know where the finish markers are! So post those vids and times chaps, let's be having you.....

Glad you had a good time, doubt anyone who has been has had a bad time there.

Back