Marauder- Mclaren

I have never heard of this manufacture, does any one know any thing about these cars? It's a tube frame with c3 Corvette spindles, ls1 engine, porshe trans.
Thanks
Randy

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Randy,

If you're referencing the orange M6gt replica posted on Ebay, I'd say based on the posted details, this would be a decent deal. I've asked the seller to post additional photos and data, and he did post some additional chassis information. In my opinion the Marauder was a closer semblance to the McLaren than the Manta Mirage. I would love to see more photos before the auction ends.

Terry

Marauder used to advertise in Kit Car magazine 15 years ago. They showed a series of cars, the M6 being one. Tube frames with bodies supposedly taken from real molds. They went out of business a long time ago. This one appears to be a survivor.

After Randy's passing, the family wanted nothing to do with the business and auctioned or sold off all of the assets, most of which has disappeared. Occasionally, something will pop-up on E-Bay.

Randy Berry was a great friend and passes in 2005 of a massive MI.
Rod Bender was able to salvage many of his things since he was also an old friend.
His information:
[email protected]
330-539-0801
772-497-4118 mobile
1059 Scoville North, Vienna, Ohio 44473
He can give you all the detail about these cars.
Mort

That's right Mort. Rodney sold a Chevron body & parts not long ago.
I've met Rod a couple of times and had many conversations with Randy from around 1982. Great loss there.

Back