Marcadier GT40s

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I might be single minded so I have never heard of this builder before. The owner of my local French restaurant has a nephew who owns one. He noticed my Goodwood badge recently so for the first time in several years we discussed cars, and I was non-plussed when he told me about this GT40 replica. I admit I thought to myself "OK here we go".
Verily, these are nice cars with different drive trains to suit the builders. I saw one with a lesser V6/Renault in the back last week. The body shell and the cockpit were very accurate, although this was down to the serious efforts of the owner.
He wanted some old parts from me and drove his car all the way from Toulouse to Kent in one hit.
I forgot my camera but the owner is sending me pictures.

Does any of our members have one or know the history of Marcadier ?
Here is another one up for sale.

Google Image Result for http://www.motorlegend.com/occasion-voiture/photos/med/ford-occasion-21889-1.jpg

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
This might interest some of you.
The site below describes the earlier history of the Marcadier Fournier company. It's a nice pedigree with some familiar looking body styles. Thier cars were on the podium in Group V races back in 1965.
Later they were building kits in several styles - Can Am, Lotus, Lambo and GT40 to name a few.

As they say in England "Excuse my French" but the text is fairly self explanatory.

Les Automobiles FOURNIER - MARCADIER

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Spooky.
Just did a search and found that "Adlepe" joined a week ago and I am ranting about these cars.
Maybe he can tell us more about them ?

Hi lucky owners of GT40!
Some pictures of my car, Marcadier chassis, Ford 302 and Renault Un1 gear box with Tornado adaptation.
One year of work and a lot of fun ...!!!
Jean Pierre Louvot
Vichy (center of France)

Attachments

• Marcadier2.jpg
    Marcadier2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 422
  • Marcadier3.jpg
    Marcadier3.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 405
  • PICT4146.jpg
    PICT4146.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 435
  • PICT4158 bis.jpg
    PICT4158 bis.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 482
  • Vichy2006-163.jpg
    Vichy2006-163.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 421

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Jean Pierre,
beautiful looking car, the paintwork looks exceptional.
Do you have any pics of engine bay /chassis?

Dave

Back